Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trigger time
Trigger time
I have a Respronics m bipap model number 1051158

It has a ramp but not a fine tuned trigger time. It pushes air in faster than I want it to and before I am ready. Thebtriggerbisbjust too sensitive.

Can ant one recommend a machine and model that has good variable rise time

Tnx. Dennis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trigger time
The CPAP setup manuals at the top of the page have some info on the available settings. Read that link and get the manuals to get some more info.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dburg1947,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know the answer to your question but hang in there, I'm sure someone will be able to help you.
Best of luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I would recommend the Resmed S9 VPAP S which is the straight bi-level machine or the S9 VPAP Auto which will operate in bi-level mode as well as Auto or constant pressure CPAP mode. They all have variable rise time and I know that the Auto machine has a feature called Easy Breathe. With that turned on the transition seems silky smooth to me.

I have no basis for comparison with any other manufacturer's machines, however. I did upgrade from the S8 model to the S9 model and was really impressed with the silky smooth transition to IPAP.

Best regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 217 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,456 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 628 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 175 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 814 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,223 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.