Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trouble Syncing Oximetry in SleepyHead
Trouble Syncing Oximetry in SleepyHead
When I try to import oximetry data from my brand spanking new cool CMS50D+, I can import it manually only, but it shows up on the wrong day SleepyHead Daily report -- the day before!

And when I try the SleepyHead Oximeter Import Wizard to try to sync, there is no data (no CPAP sessions) to choose from.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

[Image: gQ7EPnp.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trouble Syncing Oximetry in SleepyHead
I think the import is a bit broken in the current version of sleepy head this method works for me

After Further reading and testing I have come up with a "Better" approach less likely to introduce errors the main issue here is the CMS50D+ does not have a realtime clock so the data is not tagged with a date/time

1. Import the data into SPO2 Assistant Use the online Manual
2. Select Save AS and save the SPO2 file to a Folder in My Documents
3. Run SPODateChanger.exe (Availiable Here Click to see forum post) To modify the SPO2 file and set to correct date and time
4. Use the Oximetric Wizard in Sleepyhead to import a data file 
5. Selected Date and time will display and the file will import successfully

Much simpler and supposedly more reliable
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, that helped. I can now at least import an .SPO2 file with date and time information. Thanks!

However, I think I have another problem. I notice that when I import a CPAP session from the SD card of my PR DreamStation, it shows up on the previous date in SleepyHead. For example, last night I went to bed after midnight, as I always do, and woke up this morning, so the entire session was from 12:53 AM to 8:58 AM on Sunday, Oct. 29, but the imported SleepyHead daily session is listed as Sat Oct 28.

I always thought that this was because SleepyHead assumed most people go to bed before midnight, but now I'm thinking something's wrong? I tried to look in the DreamStation' s settings and in SleepyHead's preferences if the date can be reset, but I haven't been able to find where. Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the default day for SleepyHead runs from noon to noon. That is how the ResMed day runs as well, so it all works out well - for ResMed owners. There is a way of changing that for SleepyHead with a big note attached saying beware of strange side effects. I think it has to do with calculating session statistics, but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure how Respironics calculates its display of session statistics, which complicates things for SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Noon to noon makes sense, but it looks like my problem is that it's whole day behind. In other words, the session times reported in SleepyHead are right, but the date is one day before, e.g., 12:53 AM to 8:58 AM on Sunday, Oct. 29 shows up in SleepyHead as Saturday, Oct. 28.

For the time being, I've figured out I could trick the oximetry data to sync with SleepyHead by "faking" the date using SPODateChanger.exe, suggested above.

But is there a way to reset the correct CPAP session date, either in the DreamStation machine or in SleepyHead?
Post Reply Post Reply
That is the way it works any treatment between noon on Saturday and 11:59 on Sunday flags as Saturday night treatment and shows under the sat in the callendar (at least it does for me and my resmed machine which also uses a noon to noon day plan

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
This worked great btw...

Now to try and figure out what this info is telling me.... LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a similar problem with my new CMS50F (the one with only one connector for data/finger)
Both units have times synced to within a minute, but don't import into Sleepyhead in sync.
I have many days of back-data for the Resmed, but my first data from the CMS50F was last night, with both units stopped & started almost exactly together.
The day is wrong when I import oximetry using the exact log time.  If I use the "assume start time is in sync with Resmed start" option it is better, but the oximeter data ends at 05:35, rather than 7:05 when the Resmed data log ended.  The independent CMS50F file says it started @ 01:05 & logged for 6h:12m, which is about right, but a slug of the start of the oximetry data is not being shown in the Daily multi-graph tab.

The offset of 90 minutes is odd!

Could there be a workaround by changing the CMS date/time to get the sync to work correctly?
I have downloaded/looked at the SPO2DateChanger utility, but I have to know the exact correct start time, and which date to use is not obvious, and to have to do this for EVERY data file makes things much more awkward...
Post Reply Post Reply
With the CMS50F i had better time syncronisation by import of the SPO2 files extracted by the assistant software rather than a direct import from the CMS50F
Post Reply Post Reply
@Windbag - I see you are in the UK. SleepyHead seems to insist upon using UTC for its oximeter import. I think this is a bug... As I understand it, you are currently on Summer Time, which would account for 60 minutes of offset, but I'm not sure where the other 30 minutes might come from. Any additional information you can give would be helpful in sorting out this problem.

We in North America (most of us, anyway) go back to Standard Time on November 5th, and my offset will change for 4 hours to 5 behind UTC. I will be changing my ResMed clock Sunday afternoon, after 1:00 (likely 4ish) to avoid backing into ResMed's previous day (which has data, of course).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 268 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 223 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 178 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Syncing O2 Ring and CPAP clocks coldfeet7 16 2,004 09-27-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Trouble scrolling in a zoomed graph window. morningstar 2 492 09-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Can't set custom oximetry options in OSCAR Pixel Ninja 1 706 07-02-2023, 08:32 AM
  Syncing Wellue Oxygen Ring with Resmed Machine SleeplessInPain 6 1,411 05-16-2023, 08:22 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.