Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trouble adjusting from DeVilbiss to AirSense 10
Trouble adjusting from DeVilbiss to AirSense 10
I was wondering if, and I know this is remote, have gone from a DeVilbiss Auto-tritate to the AirSense 10 Autoset?

I've been using the DeVilbiss for the past 4 years and it broke. Ok I may have accidentally gotten water in the machine.

The sensitivity for inhalation and exhalation pressures works better for the DeVilbiss. DeVilbiss uses what is known as Smartflex technology. It decreases exactly 1cm vs a "relative" decrease of the Easy Breath. I find that I am having to pull to get the AirSense to work, especially at first. I don't use a ramp and both machines start at 9, same mask. I've tried with and without the EB but it just doesn't work as well as the DeVilbiss.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue or any thoughts in general?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trouble adjusting from DeVilbiss to AirSense 10
(10-15-2015, 10:48 AM)HogWildnTN Wrote: DeVilbiss uses what is known as Smartflex technology. It decreases exactly 1cm vs a "relative" decrease of the Easy Breath. I find that I am having to pull to get the AirSense to work, especially at first. I don't use a ramp and both machines start at 9, same mask. I've tried with and without the EB but it just doesn't work as well as the DeVilbiss.
Do you mean to say EPR instead of EB?
ResMed EPR works exactly the same, drop pressure during exhalation. DeVilbiss have an extra setting which determine how fast or slow inhalation pressure kicks-in after exhalation ends (something like that). ResMed had something similar on the S9 and seem to be omitted from the Airsense 10 but wasn't available when the machine on auto mode but wonder if have any useful purpose or even noticeable

Post Reply Post Reply

[/quote]
Do you mean to say EPR instead of EB?
ResMed EPR works exactly the same, drop pressure during exhalation. DeVilbiss have an extra setting which determine how fast or slow inhalation pressure kicks-in after exhalation ends (something like that). ResMed had something similar on the S9 and seem to be omitted from the Airsense 10 but wasn't available when the machine on auto mode but wonder if have any useful purpose or even noticeable
[/quote]

yes, I'm sorry EPR. Correct the pressure kicks in immediately so there's never a feeling of needing to pull.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi HogWildnTN,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and get used to your new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Although I am a new forum member I have been using CPAP equipment since 1999.

I received an AirSense 10 Elite yesterday.

Even with my previous CPAP machines, I have turned off the EPR (or equivalent). Maybe you can try that as a test.

My mask seal seems to bounce or flex so much that it disturbs my ability to get to or stay sleep.

I may have to try a DeVilbiss.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2015, 07:37 PM)Stumbonie Wrote: Although I am a new forum member I have been using CPAP equipment since 1999.

I received an AirSense 10 Elite yesterday.

Even with my previous CPAP machines, I have turned off the EPR (or equivalent). Maybe you can try that as a test.

My mask seal seems to bounce or flex so much that it disturbs my ability to get to or stay sleep.

I may have to try a DeVilbiss.

I am considering a DeVillbiss as a second, backup machine, as the prices are very good. Good to hear from satisfied users.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure if it's my pressure at 7.6, but I'm having no noticable resistance when exhaling and I have the EPR on. Using the A10 Elite and I find it works better than the S9 brick I was using prior. Only complaint I have is that I have to scroll through the menu to find the warm up setting just to turn it on, where as on the S9 I just had to hold the menu button in for 3+ seconds and it started warming. I have tried doing the same with the A10 but it doesn't seem to be a feature of it. Too bad.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 301 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 205 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,865 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 130 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 234 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 458 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.