Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trouble after changing pap machines
Trouble after changing pap machines
When they first started me on a machine for sleep apnea I was on a bipap resmed machine and I was on like 19 up 12 down. I felt great on even four or five hours sleep. Now they have me on a apap machine ajusting from 10 to 15 on what ever the apap machine thinks I need. That has been a couple weeks now. Now I am getting tired again during the day and I do not feel rested again. I know I need to talk to my doctor but has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trouble after changing pap machines
A BiPAP is a brand name. What it does is set the inhale and exhale pressure. Most other pressure relief can only go 3 points apart but the BiPAP can go further. Like in your example, you inhale was 19 and your exhale was 12 to make it easier to breathe out. With an upper pressure of 19, you would definitely need the exhale relief!

An auto machine (APAP) means it sets the high pressure depending on your need. It does not do anything for inhale/exhale relief. On the S9s, that is called the EPR (exhale pressure relief). The 10 - 15 means the treatment pressure will go from 10-15, depending on your need. The EPR can be set to do an exhale relief of up to 3 points. So if you inhale is 10, the exhale would be as low as 7, depending on how you have it set.

If you are not doing well, it is because they changed your pressure. Why did they go from 19 to 15 as your high?

Your profile says you use ResScan. What is it saying your AHI is? What pressure does your body need the most? If it is topping out at 15 often, you may need it raised.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi glr1956
Can you post a snap shots of your ResScan stats and graphs so we can see breakdown of AHI, pressure and leak ...
(median, 95% percentile, maximum)
Post Reply Post Reply
OK didn't realize you haven't got the ResScan download yet
This video link will show how to read the machine LCD screen data
(what S9 Auto do you use: AutoSet or Escape Auto)
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2012, 01:47 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi glr1956
Can you post a snap shots of your ResScan stats and graphs so we can see breakdown of AHI, pressure and leak ...

As soon as I download the software and get my stats I will post.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2012, 10:40 AM)glr1956 Wrote:
(04-11-2012, 01:47 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi glr1956

As soon as I download the software and get my stats I will post.
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,871 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 400 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 235 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 459 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.