Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trouble with Airsense 10 Autoset
Trouble with Airsense 10 Autoset
Hi all, I'm having trouble with my Airsense 10 autoset. I've been a xpap patient for a little over 10 years, and have not had any problems until now. I've got the new machine about 4 months ago and have been liking it better than my S9, until a week ago. I woke up in the middle of the night breathing hard, and noticed the pressure relief was not working. The machine shut down and gave me a message the tubing was blocked. I checked the tubing and it looked okay. I removed the sd card and checked it on Rescan software. Everything looked okay except I noticed there was data missing. So I changed the EPR to a value of 1 from 2, inserted the card back into the machine, and it worked. I called the med equipment supplier the next day. They checked remotely and said everything look normal. Two nights later I woke up breathing hard again, however the pressure relief was working. About three minutes later pressure relief stopped working. Then the machine shut down and I got a message the tubing was blocked. It was not. Call the supplier the next day, they remotely checked the machine, and said it was normal. I assume they are running diagnostics. I reformatted the SD card and everything worked for a couple of days, until last night. I woke up breathing hard, then pressure relief stopped, then tubing blockage message.

I'm a patient at MAYO Clinic, and talk to them monday. Can anyone of you help in the meantime?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trouble with Airsense 10 Autoset
You shouldn't have to put up with that. Sounds like they need to replace your machine.
As for them running remote diagnostics; I doubt it. They can change a setting or look at compliance data; that's about it.

There seem to be a lot of "dud" ResMed series 10 machines slipping past Q.C.
Maybe they have adopted the consumer model of Q.C. -- ship it; and let the end user be the tester.
Serious Q.C. costs money. They should set every machine on a test jig and run it for 100 hours.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kitchenchem,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It seems to me like I have read that this has happened to someone else here on this board. You might want to try to get it exchanged, it shouldn't be doing that.
Good luck to you on this and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Try disabling "smart start" and see if the problem goes away. Others are seeing wierd problems with this enabled.

Even if it does solve the problem, I would request a new machine though.

Grin
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard or read someplace that smart start might not work with some masks.

Make sure that the very small vent holes are not getting plugged up with water, that will make it look like the hose is plugged.
Post Reply Post Reply
There have been a few that have the same error. All of them have the climate line hose. If you have that hose, that could be the issue. Switching to a standard hose seems to stop that problem. I would look into replacing the machine though. It's expensive enough and you are going to live with it for a long time. Might as well get one that works as it was designed.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to have this problem with mine, and it was always associated with condensation build-up (rainout) in the ClimateLine air tube. It never occurred with the SlimLine tubing. I now use a cozy for both my heated hose and short mask tube to reduce rainout, as well as placing my machine on the ground so that rainout drains back into the humidifier. Haven't had any problems since.

Of course, neither my DME nor ResMed helped me with any of this troubleshooting. It was all the good people on this board and me. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi I also had this for a period last year. They changed my hose for another Climateline and so far so good!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the comments. I got a new machine, mask, and climateline.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 18 346 8 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,862 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.