Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trouble with Encore Pro
Trouble with Encore Pro
Hi all. Just tried to download the info on my card onto my computer using Encore Pro.

I'm using a ScanDisk ImageMate 12 in 1 to connect to the USB port, which I've used countless times before with other cards, mainly for cameras.

The encore pro program says it does not detect a Phillips Resprionics card, but the card is a Phillips Resprionics and the fit is good. I've started and restarted, and still the same. Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trouble with Encore Pro
(08-13-2012, 07:02 PM)eaglett1111 Wrote: The encore pro program says it does not detect a Phillips Resprionics card, but the card is a Phillips Resprionics and the fit is good. I've started and restarted, and still the same. Any ideas?

Is the card mounted? Can you see what is on the card with your file browser?
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried booting up the computer with the SD card inserted?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My card wouldn't read until there was a certain amount of data on the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK. All good ideas. I will try rebooting with the card connected when I get home from work tonight. I do only have less than four weeks of data, so zimlich that might be it.

JJJ - don't quite understand your question.The card is in the interface, and the computer acknowledges that it is there. I don't know about reading a file reader to see if the card is in? what do you mean?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2012, 08:53 AM)eaglett1111 Wrote: JJJ - don't quite understand your question.The card is in the interface, and the computer acknowledges that it is there. I don't know about reading a file reader to see if the card is in? what do you mean?

You didn't say what operating system your computer has, but if it is Windows your file browser is Windows Explorer (not to confused with Internet Explorer, which is your internet browser). Launch Windows Explorer and (hopefully) you will see the card with a drive letter. Select the drive letter and you should see the files on the card. Note that being "visible" is not the same as being "mounted." "Mounted" means that the user (you) has the right to read the files. So select a file and open it with Notepad. (DONT save anything!) If it opens in Notepad we know for sure that it is mounted, that is, that you have the right to read the data on the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
All,
I was sending a PM to Eaglett and copied this out to send to all since I figure someone else will probably have this same issue. Here ya go. Don't ask too many questions, I have only just downloaded this a couple of hours ago so my standard answer is "I have no idea!".
With the program open and your card in your reader, go to Download From Device (Orangish box). Once you click on that a screen will come up and part of it will say something about it not being a Respironics card. Select the check box that says "Card is to be Returned to the Same Patient". Then click the DOWNLOAD button which will appear afterwards. After the first time you use it most likely it will not have this problem. Once it downloads click on the titles that say Report or Summary or Trend that are in Blue font. These are the reports on your data. Good luck. This program is NOT user friendly AT ALL and you will just need to mess around with it to learn how to use it!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the tips. I'm wondering if it's my laptop, because opening the file is not an option from the start menu. I'm going to try this at work and get back to you all.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I can tell Encore scans your system looking for a SD card. It doesn't notify you that it's found one, or even if it's downloading the data. You just have to wait and see if it has captured the data. Not user friendly.

My guess is that somehow it's not seeing the card through the USB port.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The USB reader I used for my camera and other stuff would not work for me either.

I remembered that I have a SD port on the side of my laptop and that works fine so I never went back and figured out what type of external reader will work.

I could see the SD card in Windows Explorer but the Encore software didn't see it
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,871 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 235 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 459 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Trouble with multiple masks jlpool 5 700 11-28-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Trouble getting Knightsbridge chinstrap slowe 9 881 11-27-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Trouble staying asleep with CPAP TiredTom111 4 798 07-20-2023, 11:04 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.