Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trouble with resmed 10 but loved my 8
Trouble with resmed 10 but loved my 8
I have been a CPAP user for over 10 years. I have had a resmed 8 for a long time with no problems. Lots of great sleep. No sinus issues. But then it broke and my doctor gave me a Resmed 10. Now I am no stranger to CPAP therapy and I understand that it takes a while to get adjusted but I can't use this machine. It feels like I am breathing through mud. I have tried to adjust the humidity level and the tubing temp. and each night I immediately become so congested. It's like the Resmed 10 is causing problems instead of helping. Please help!!! The doctor thinks I am nuts but I am a pretty reasonable and patient person. Any one else have this problem? It's getting to the point that I may try to purchase and old resmed 8 if I can find one.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trouble with resmed 10 but loved my 8
This is likely an issue with humidity. Your old S8 would have used an unheated tube.
Perhaps you should ditch the heated tube on the 10 series and manually set the humidifier.
Unless you live where it's very cold, the heated tube isn't needed.

If you are serious about buying an S8, Supplier #2 on the list (see "Supplier's" at top of page,) likely has a "like new" one that's inexpensive.
Personally, I like my S9. The 10 series seems to have a few bugs. In fact, they have the S8 Autoset unit, new for $379.00 USD. It can be set to straight CPAP mode.

I really think you can tweak the 10 series to work for you.
Given the limited information in your post, that's about as much advice as can be offered.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
(04-13-2016, 07:28 AM)justMongo Wrote: Given the limited information in your post, that's about as much advice as can be offered.

This is really a strange comment, since when do people on the internet need information to give advice on things? Smile

I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2016, 07:56 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: This is really a strange comment, since when do people on the internet need information to give advice on things?

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/images/...h-jeez.gif

Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2016, 07:56 AM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(04-13-2016, 07:28 AM)justMongo Wrote: Given the limited information in your post, that's about as much advice as can be offered.

This is really a strange comment, since when do people on the internet need information to give advice on things? Smile
I'm a really strange person!
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2016, 07:05 AM)puglady Wrote: I have been a CPAP user for over 10 years. I have had a resmed 8 for a long time with no problems. Lots of great sleep. No sinus issues. But then it broke and my doctor gave me a Resmed 10. Now I am no stranger to CPAP therapy and I understand that it takes a while to get adjusted but I can't use this machine. It feels like I am breathing through mud. I have tried to adjust the humidity level and the tubing temp. and each night I immediately become so congested. It's like the Resmed 10 is causing problems instead of helping. Please help!!! The doctor thinks I am nuts but I am a pretty reasonable and patient person. Any one else have this problem? It's getting to the point that I may try to purchase and old resmed 8 if I can find one.

Welcome to Apnew Board puglady,
Is your new machine set at the same pressure as the S8 was? I ask because you say it feels like breathing through mud...if pressure is set too low, you will feel starved for air.

Have you changed masks, along with new machine?

A lot of us have problems with congestion, but as justMongo suggested, it is likely to be a matter of adjusting your humidity levels.

There are also comfort settings on your newer machine to help you while exhaling.

A suggestion: order the Clinicians manual for your new Cpap. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've also had a tough time dealing with the A10 humidity settings.

This has helped me: google "1018807_humidair-vs-h5i_fact-sheet_usa_eng.pdf"

I know you are going from the S8 to the A10 but there may be some correlation.

Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like the 10 series has nearly doubled the humidity level as the default mode when using a heated hose as vs. the S9 default without a heated hose. I wonder what the logic was for that increase?

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
It is permissible to post that as a direct link, since it is to a manufacturer's website who does not sell to the public.
And, it is for educational purposes.
http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...sa_eng.pdf

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
They increased the humidity because many people needed it. This messes up anyone that does not need it and expects the auto setting to provide the same level as earlier machines did. Turn it to manual and adjust as required to get the level that works best for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,874 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 235 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 459 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Trouble with multiple masks jlpool 5 701 11-28-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Trouble getting Knightsbridge chinstrap slowe 9 881 11-27-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Trouble staying asleep with CPAP TiredTom111 4 800 07-20-2023, 11:04 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.