Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Troubleshooting S8 Autoset II Pressures
Troubleshooting S8 Autoset II Pressures
I have a Resmed S8 Autoset II. I jailbroke it earlier this year when my official pressure essentially stopped working for me. I work on offshore rigs, and while I realize I need a new sleep study, I haven't had time between work and being gone, wedding stuff and other issues.

Anyway, I have noticed that when I check my numbers on the machine, my ahi has gone up to 3.9 and yet the lowest pressure is 15.0 psi. I have it set currently to go from 15-20. I tried less but my AHI went up to 9 and it seemed like it wasn't keeping the pressure high enough. Since the average pressure is staying at 15, it doesn't look like it's making any adjustments.

I don't have a card reader yet so I can't take the info from the machine, but should I make any further changes? Drop the pressure to see if it's wanting to be lower, increase to ensure it's high enough? I feel okay, but a little tired, though that might just be cause we're not drilling so it's dull out here.

My official pressure is 15.4 psi. I don't remember the leak levels but it's like .28L or something like that? Suggestions or comments would be helpful.

My apnea was diagnosed as moderately severe.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Troubleshooting S8 Autoset II Pressures
Hi Silentbrick,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in therre for answers to your question.
Best of luck on fixing your machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Best Sleep Hospital or Clinic for Troubleshooting PAP Perchance2Dream 1 465 04-13-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 203 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 366 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Central apnea and high pressures? esaulcatnas 20 1,854 02-16-2024, 12:22 AM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  Will lofta help me find the right pressures? Swsch2985 6 507 12-30-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 451 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Central sleep apnea? need help on pressures flappypalate 2 508 11-23-2023, 05:37 PM
Last Post: flappypalate

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.