Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

True Story - about my chin strap
RE: True Story - about my chin strap
I make my own chinstraps out of waistband elastic from a fabric store. Each chinstrap costs me a couple bucks and lasts for several months before the elastic loses too much of its stretchiness.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2015, 09:06 PM)But its me! Wrote: I've gone through several chin straps, including the Ruby, before finally giving a cervical collar a try. Wish I had read about it sooner, as it is the best thus far. It took a few nights to get used to the thing around my neck. Compared to the chin strap discomfort, it was nothing. I believe getting used to a mask or pillows makes it easy to adjust to another bit of gear about the head. No more jaw pain from a strap and no more tongue dried to the teeth. Another plus is no more aggravating an old neck injury from sleeping the wrong way. I suggest giving one a try. Cheaper too!

Interesting! I sleep with a "C" shaped car travel pillow around my neck, with the end tucked under my chin (I sleep on my side). That and using the tongue suction trick which I've mastered fairly quickly has for the moment eliminated the need for a chin strap. I got a Ruby but it was too small and my DME supplier didn't have a larger size so back it went.
Post Reply Post Reply
I made mine out of a ball cap and some velcro. Cut the visor off and sewed the hook part to the cap. Works OK. I'm thinking of trying a headband safety pinned to the cap.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,898 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 596 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,104 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,052 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.