Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trusted Sources for Disability Appeal
Trusted Sources for Disability Appeal
Hi all,

While I am back at work part time now that I have my OSA and migraines under treatment, I was off for 12 weeks of FMLA due to being cognitively unable to perform my job duties, and was making multiple dangerous mistakes and didn't know why until the neurologist and sleep study. 

I am on my second appeal to Cigna, and need something from a trusted source (besides Dr Google) to back up my claim that I wasn't able to process information correctly to perform my job duties. They cited the "Dictionary of Occupational Titles".

Does anyone have any ideas?

Since it is just about 10 weeks of pay, it isn't really worth an attorney, tho I would almost like to do it for the principal of it all.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trusted Sources for Disability Appeal
Your treating physician should be able to provide the proper documentation.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd call around and see if you can get one who'll take it on consignment.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
document your dangerous mistakes (compared to your prior excellent performance) and get coworkers and boss to attest to them?
Post Reply Post Reply
When my wife filed for Social Security disability, we hired a lawyer and used one recommended by a friend. She had the claim denied and then denied on appeal. He gave us a form to have filled out and we found a Dr (PHD) at the University that did this type of stuff and he ran her through all sorts of assessments and filed his report (400+ pages long). We had to pay for it. Submitted the report on Monday, got the call on Wednesday her disability was approved. It went before a lawyer panel and not a judge. Had it been denied, it would have gone before a judge. The lawyer got a fixed amount (set by US Law). Able t o take his fees and the fee for the report off on our taxes as it was to protect income.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cloth Headband Sources Mike97 2 737 11-22-2020, 08:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Sources for accurate information on coronoavirus sleepy1235 5 1,270 03-25-2020, 01:23 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Screen shot of why the Garmin Pulse Ox can't be trusted Stom 3 2,778 06-20-2019, 11:12 PM
Last Post: idlewire
  Can SleepyHead Be Trusted? Lambsydoats 41 10,140 11-28-2014, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.