Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Try before you buy a new mask
Try before you buy a new mask
Its' been a while since I was out on any CPAP forum but I recall that on one forum there was someone that worked for a CPAP shop that would let you try out CPAP masks for a small fee.  Is that person on this board?  If so, does anyone know his name and/or how to get in touch with him?  If he's not on this board does anyone know what board he's on?

My situation is this..... I have a Resmed Mirage Softgel nasal mask and that mask has been discontinued.  I'm in need of a new mask and my medical supplier requires that you purchase the mask and will only exchange it one time for another mask.  This makes it difficult to pick out a new mask as I tried doing this with an Resmed AirFit N20 and got stuck with a mask that leaks worse than my Softgel.  I would really like some advice on what my best replacement options might be and to be able to try this mask out for a week to see if it would be a better alternative than the one I have now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Try before you buy a new mask
Try No. 1 on the supplier list. I believe they have a no question asked return policy on many if not all of their masks.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Take a look at Supplier #1 they often have masks with free returns or at a low cost
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #26 has a nasal gel mask on sale, 30 return policy. Generally free shipping. Recently a labor day sale.
Post Reply Post Reply
How close to Milwaukee are you. There is a store here that has a fair selection. You buy 1 and you can exchange it before 30 days. This can be done numerous times.
You will need a prescription.

Car 54
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #1 says this regarding if you're not happy with the mask: "If you are uneasy about your mask purchase, get Return Insurance! For an extra fee you buy the right to return your used mask no questions asked for up to 30 days."

Honestly, this is why I've ended up going to Amazon for my mask purchases. Although Amazon doesn't carry all masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1
A number of the suppliers have a good 30-day return policy.
The forum has a non-commercial policy, so even if a member were to work for a DME who had such a policy, they would not be able to share it publicly.  This is simply to avoid any appearances of favoritism toward a particular vendor.  The blanket exception are the suppliers on the list, all of which have been vouched for by the membership.
However, there is nothing prohibiting a PM contact, so keep an eye on your in-box, you may receive a note.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2018, 04:46 PM)car54 Wrote: How close to Milwaukee are you. There is a store here that has a fair selection. You buy 1 and you can exchange it before 30 days. This can be done numerous times.

Car 54

Unfortunately, I live in the Florida Panhandle
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for replying and telling me about Supplier#1
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2018, 06:53 PM)moondoggy Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 04:46 PM)car54 Wrote: How close to Milwaukee are you. There is a store here that has a fair selection. You buy 1 and you can exchange it before 30 days. This can be done numerous times.

Car 54

Unfortunately, I live in the Florida Panhandle

I'm curious why your profile lists your location as Illinois.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,676 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,338 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,918 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,119 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,467 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,903 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,623 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.