Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: LT swift for her
Humidifier: Respironics, I guess
CPAP Pressure: 9-14
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
Trying The Almond Butter Tonight
I got some raw almond butter to try tonight. It was not cheap but if it works it will be worth it. I went to sleep about midnight last night but woke at 2AM then again at 4. Then 7:30AM. I hope I get seven or eight straight hrs. I will let you know. I was soooo sleepy at 7:30PM tonight I dozed off again watching tv for a few minutes. I fought thru it to stay awake til now. 10:10PM. A hot bath and bed and that almond butter.Sleep-on-pillowSleep-on-pillow
03-30-2012 12:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Jenny Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: none
Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: none

Other Comments: Somnodent dental appliance

RE: Trying The Almond Butter Tonight
(03-30-2012 12:13 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote:  I got some raw almond butter to try tonight. It was not cheap but if it works it will be worth it. I went to sleep about midnight last night but woke at 2AM then again at 4. Then 7:30AM. I hope I get seven or eight straight hrs. I will let you know. I was soooo sleepy at 7:30PM tonight I dozed off again watching tv for a few minutes. I fought thru it to stay awake til now. 10:10PM. A hot bath and bed and that almond butter.Sleep-on-pillowSleep-on-pillow

I've been eating it every night since you told us about it. It is about 10 times more "stick to the roof of your mouth" than peanut butter, though, and it really helps. As I get other mask/equipment issues squared away, I'm thinking it will even work better.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2012 06:36 AM by Jenny.)
03-30-2012 06:30 AM
zimlich Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics PR System One BiPap Auto SV Advanced
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed gel Nasal Mask
Humidifier: System One
CPAP Pressure: 8-20 ASV, 8 EPAP,PS 12

Other Comments: I use the Quattro FFM when necessary

How much do you eat and do you think the raw almonds would work as well as the butter?
03-30-2012 08:41 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Schnauzers 5 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics Rem Star A Flex
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: LT swift for her
Humidifier: Respironics, I guess
CPAP Pressure: 9-14

Other Comments:

(03-30-2012 06:30 AM)Jenny Wrote:  
(03-30-2012 12:13 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote:  I got some raw almond butter to try tonight. It was not cheap but if it works it will be worth it. I went to sleep about midnight last night but woke at 2AM then again at 4. Then 7:30AM. I hope I get seven or eight straight hrs. I will let you know. I was soooo sleepy at 7:30PM tonight I dozed off again watching tv for a few minutes. I fought thru it to stay awake til now. 10:10PM. A hot bath and bed and that almond butter.Sleep-on-pillowSleep-on-pillow

I've been eating it every night since you told us about it. It is about 10 times more "stick to the roof of your mouth" than peanut butter, though, and it really helps. As I get other mask/equipment issues squared away, I'm thinking it will even work better.

It did NOT work for me at all. I was tired but I woke twice last night and at 3 I was unable to get back to sleep right away. I even remembered to put the garbage can out at 5AM. As for just eating raw almonds? I don't know but, the raw butter did not agree with my tummy. I had it on toast. Next I will try the cherry juice. A lady in front of me at store said it helps her.
03-30-2012 10:58 AM
Jenny Offline

Preferred Members-2

Mask Make & Model:

(03-30-2012 08:41 AM)zimlich Wrote:  How much do you eat and do you think the raw almonds would work as well as the butter?

Dr. Oz says to eat 2 or 3 tablespoons before you go to bed. I eat about 2 tablespoons because it takes me a long time, relatively, to eat it because it "so sticks to the roof of your mouth" in a major way, but the taste is good also. The purpose of this, as stated in the article online, is to prevent your body from waking up due to the low blood sugar spike that occurs while sleeping--which, I think, makes sense. So I don't think plain almonds would do as good as a job, since that wouldn't contain as much sugar, fats, etc. as does the almond butter.

I'm all for going "natural" when it comes to sleep aids and so appreciate this info from Sleeping Beauty Turquoise (I love itSmile.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2012 11:26 AM by Jenny.)
03-30-2012 11:25 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
greatunclebill Offline

Members-b

Machine: Respironics System one Auto A-Flex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreViewer

Other Comments: quattro fx full face

Sex: Male

(03-30-2012 10:58 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote:  
(03-30-2012 06:30 AM)Jenny Wrote:  

It did NOT work for me at all. I was tired but I woke twice last night and at 3 I was unable to get back to sleep right away. I even remembered to put the garbage can out at 5AM. As for just eating raw almonds? I don't know but, the raw butter did not agree with my tummy. I had it on toast. Next I will try the cherry juice. A lady in front of me at store said it helps her.

with these kinds of things, there is no one size fits all. if cherry juice or almond butter made alot of people or even quite a few sleep better, it would be marketed to death and in tv commercials like crazy. it isn't. i never heard of it before this post and matter of fact i never heard of almond butter, period.

cherry juice is touted as helpful for gout also. it probably is helpful if you have a very mild case. with my serious gout,not eating certain things and taking medicine are what did it. cherry juice did absolutely nothing for me. nuts are a gout trigger so almond butter is out for me.
03-30-2012 11:29 AM
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Again no thought for the foreign manBigwink

Can someone please explain what this is? Is it a cream for your face that you can also eat?Unsure
03-30-2012 11:53 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
zimlich Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics PR System One BiPap Auto SV Advanced
Mask Make & Model: ResMed gel Nasal Mask
Humidifier: System One
CPAP Pressure: 8-20 ASV, 8 EPAP,PS 12

Other Comments: I use the Quattro FFM when necessary

I've seen it in the store. It's like peanut butter, but made of almonds.
03-30-2012 01:46 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

As no body suggesting that I should take liking to peanut butter also not suggesting anyone to do what I do
a hot bath and a cup of warm milk with a shot of rum which is a natural products unlike peanut butter made from hydrogenated oil which linked to all sort of problems
If CPAP therapy is not working peanut butter isn't the answer
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2012 02:10 PM by zonk.)
03-30-2012 02:07 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Jenny Offline

Preferred Members-2

Mask Make & Model:

(03-30-2012 02:07 PM)zonk Wrote:  As no body suggesting that I should take liking to peanut butter also not suggesting anyone to do what I do
a hot bath and a cup of warm milk with a shot of rum which is a natural products unlike peanut butter made from hydrogenated oil which linked to all sort of problems
If CPAP therapy is not working peanut butter isn't the answer

Zonk--whaddup with the peanut butter? I think weez talkin' 'bout almond butter--big difference. Almond butter is way more healthier (I think).
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2012 05:13 PM by Jenny.)
03-30-2012 05:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Chin Strap experiment tonight FrankNichols 4 358 09-13-2016 03:41 PM
Last Post: BadGoodDeb
  Tonight's the night! OMyMyOHellYes 11 973 10-24-2015 08:04 PM
Last Post: parkerdt
Thumbsup New Set-Up First Night Tonight! Kakkles 33 3,810 07-17-2015 09:39 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Went to AWAKE Meeting tonight Sparkle 11 2,173 02-27-2015 10:17 PM
Last Post: me50
  Trying P10 Nasal Pillow tonight, how do I know if my mouth leaked? sumzzzs 13 3,524 01-30-2015 09:42 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Titration tonight any pointers? sumzzzs 11 1,778 01-28-2015 02:56 PM
Last Post: sumzzzs
Thumbsdown [Diagnosis] Last part of sleep study tonight - Titration broskyf 12 2,566 01-17-2014 12:59 PM
Last Post: me50