Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying To Set Pressure on ResMed Autoset II
Trying To Set Pressure on ResMed Autoset II
Just received a ResMed Autoset II (LR76410) from a friend whose husband used it once before he died. I'm trying to figure out how to set the pressure to that of my current but 7 yr old CPAP. I need to set it to 20" of water (nope, not a mistake - I need high pressure). What's the best way to go about this? I've tried Google searches, going to their website, etc. but not really getting anywhere. Any help gratefully received!
RE: Trying To Set Pressure on ResMed Autoset II
I found the clinical manual for the machine via Google which should supply info you're looking for.

Quote:[direct link to copyrighted Clinician Setup Manual removed. For legal purposes, Apnea Board cannot link to, nor host copyrighted ResMed Setup Manuals or Guides anywhere on our website or public forums. Unfortunately, due to legal complications, the only allowable and legal method for distribution for ResMed Clinician Manuals on Apnea Board is via private email request only, (for educational patient purposes only in compliance with the "Fair Use" sections of U.S. Copyright Law). Directions given in Section Three of this page:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

For our Master Members, please reference this private thread in the Master Members Forum for a more detailed explanation. [link accessible to Master Members only]

Thanks

-Admin]

Hope this helps.
Not sure if the Autoset II (LR76410) is an S8
[Image: 02-l.jpg]

if its the same machine S8 AutoSet ... the instruction found section one and the manual is available via Email (scroll down to section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
vimeo video setup
http://vimeo.com/19565675
Welcome

The system Setup chapter of the manual that starts on page 29 describes first the patient's menus and then the clinician menus which include adjusting pressures and everything else. You'll see that for access to the patient's menus, you press and hold down the left and right arrow keys for at least 3 seconds. Meanwhile, to gain access to the clinical menus, you hold down the Down and Right buttons for at least three seconds.
Hi LadyHerpetologist,
First, WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know the answer to your question but hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
(10-20-2012, 08:24 PM)LadyHerpetologist Wrote: I need to set it to 20" of water (nope, not a mistake - I need high pressure).
LadyHerpetologist
you might need 20 but the new machine is an AutoSet
it can be set in autoset mode with minimum and maximum pressure (for example: 10-20) and the machine auto-adjust pressure during the night to your needs. the advantage is that if you did not need 20 all night ... providing leak is under control the pressure would stay lower which is a bonus and more comfortable. your machine is data capable, shows on LCD screen AHI (AI, HI), leak and 95% percentile pressure which is the pressure been AT and BELOW for 95% of the time. if shows below 20 ... its win win situation

Please read my edit in red (in post #2 in this thread) regarding the legal distribution of copyrighted Resmed Clinician Setup Manuals.

To obtain a copyrighted Resmed Clinician Setup Manual, please refer to this page:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-old-forum

Thanks for your understanding everyone.

THREAD CLOSED at this time.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 340 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 462 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 210 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,239 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 593 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,628 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.