Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying full face mask
Trying full face mask
So I’ve been struggling to get my CPAP to work for me. I’ve already done Oscar data with people here. I have a nasal pillow mask. And I’ve never tried a full face one. I don’t know if there’s any evidence Of sleeping with my mouth open or anything. But curious if you think it’s worth it. And then curious if there’s a way to find the right size mask using my phone? I don’t have a printer and would like to be able to do it at home
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying full face mask
If you have an Elite or higher ResMed AirSense 10, then get OSCAR, use an SD card to capture the data, upload the data into OSCAR then post it here. Even if you were just monitoring your PAP therapy, this is the best way to track it for yourself.

MyAir may not be detailed enough to tell you if you're mouth breathing. And unless you breathe through your mouth or leak a lot through your mouth, a full face mask is going to be the last choice.

There's got to be some reason you think full face is the answer. Experiencing a lot of dry mouth? That's a maybe.

The rule of thumb for mask choice is from least leaks vulnerability to most is pillows, nasal, hybrid and full face. The same can be said of least to most cumbersome, least to most blocking field of vision.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at your previous thread you still have not found ideal settings and were still having too many obstructive apnea. Obstructive apnea is best treated with higher pressure so I would try a higher min pressure (11 or 12) to see if that helps. You want to try and get AHI below 2 consistently, you are still close to double that.

Your leaks are probably uncontrolled mouth leaks so a full face mask may help. If they are mostly mouth leaks you should probably have a dry mouth at times. Another way can test to confirm mouth leaks is to try mouth tapping for a night or two. FFMs aren't as effective so may worsen your AHI, fixing your leaks and allowing you to breath through your mouth may make a positive difference so only way to know is to try.

Overall my interpretation of the limited data you have posted is that you haven't found ideal CPAP treatment yet whether it is caused by settings, masks, positional apnea etc. Keep trying things to get AHI lower.
Post Reply Post Reply
I looked back over these several other threads, 6 in total including this one. You start a thread by asking some questions on masks or therapy settings or machines. You get answers, you say you're applying these...then you disappear for a few weeks or months.

Several times this same scenario happens. And you're still not in possession of a good resolution. It makes it difficult for us to help with several fractured storylines ongoing.

Stick with one thread please. We are willing to help. But we cannot constantly jump between these scattered threads to answer a question that has historical info in 5 other threads.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Apologies on the multiple threads. I will give you guys an update here after I try a few things. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 527 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,612 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 400 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 596 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.