Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to Get Comfortable
RE: Trying to Get Comfortable
You might try Pad A Cheek (Google it), or some cotton flannel strips between the skin and the straps.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Laurie, I am concluding my second week of using a soft nasal mask. My doctor/sleep clinic prescribed a large mask for me but the bottom of the mask started to cover up the very top of my upper lip so I asked for a medium.

I am still having a problem with leakage on large exhales but what I found is that I needed to pull the mask down further on my face. It really helped. I have also tightened the cheek straps a good deal and this also seemed to help.

I also wear a chin strap so I have double going on. Had a friend who told me one should expect a full month to get comfortable and I am beginning to believe him.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2016, 09:18 AM)C0mbe Wrote: I am also new to CPAP therapy, and I had a lot of trouble with the P10's initially. One thing I found really helpful was to actually go up a size on the pillows. According to the resmed fit guide I was a small, but I was battling leaks and a feeling of suffocation even after raising the pressure. Moving up to the medium was the answer.. they rest on my nostrils, I have less leaks, and no more suffocation.

Good luck!

Dittos on that for me too!

I was initially setup using size "medium" and switched on the second night to "large" with dramatic improvement. The larger pillows felt "less restrictive" to me with respect to air moving back and forth.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto on the DME not sizing you correctly. It takes me a few minutes to get the pillows adjusted right but when I do, it is pure heaven. Try waiting until you are at starting pressure to make final adjustments.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 355 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Comfortable adjustment with Evora FFM Columbiabill 3 455 12-15-2023, 10:38 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Low AHI, Comfortable w/ APAP but Still Sleepy SJGD7 3 1,123 10-10-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Found regular CPAP therapy more comfortable: Phaleronic 0 590 02-12-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Anyone Know a Doc Comfortable with ASV in NC? AeroM 19 1,559 01-27-2022, 10:29 AM
Last Post: AeroM
  Comfortable Cpap pillow for side sleeper Rice95 7 1,379 04-15-2021, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Rice95
  [Equipment] Silicone mask is so comfortable. blueeyessinging 8 1,950 06-04-2018, 09:17 PM
Last Post: robermax

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.