Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to Sort it all out
RE: Trying to Sort it all out
(07-13-2015, 03:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I am much more familiar with Respironics machines, so perhaps someone experienced with Resmed can address whether there is an auto-off function. As long as the mask stays in place it won't make much difference, but now I'm curious to know if smart start and auto-off are separable.

The ResMed SmartStart feature will start when you breath into the mask, and stop after a few seconds of no air resistance. For example when you remove your mask or have a (very) large mask leak or hose disconnects. Large to the equivalent of removing your mask. A leaking pillow should not shut down a ResMed.

For reference: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-resmed-s9

There is no separate Auto-off function with either the 9 or 10. It's bundled into SmartStart. You get both or none. With SmartStart enabled you can still start the machine by pressing the "on" button and have it shut off after a few seconds when you remove the mask. You can also shut it off with the button and have it auto-start when you breath into the mask the next time.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Alan for your expertise.

Now that I'm an expert in Resmed, for the O.P. the shutdown may have been a one-off adjustment to CPAP. If it gets to be more frequent, or results in longer duration gaps, then maybe SmartStart is not the best idea since it shuts down the machine, apparently without your knowledge. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2015, 05:31 PM)tedburnsIII Wrote: From my experience, formal educational and professional qualifications weigh heavily in determining competency to testify as an expert. So, unless a person were likely qualified to testify as an expert, I don't consider them one. I do not use the term lightly.

Here is another definition of an expert.

An Expert is someone who can tell you tomorrow why the prognostication made yesterday did not work out today.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to also add there are a few other reasons to cause the ResMed (at least the Airsense 10 autoset) to shut down. All of them have to do with problems with the machine such as excessive air flow of 30 cm H2O for more than 6 seconds or 40 cm H2O for more than 1 second. Water in the unit, blocking the air inlet/outlet causing it to overheat. things like that.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] AHI scores - what sort of range do people have? p123 4 505 10-14-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jstro84
Sad New CPAP user (sort of)Headaches every morning twincessmom13 8 1,227 10-25-2022, 11:31 AM
Last Post: twincessmom13
Wink Good luck, sort of JamesW 4 1,577 07-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Last Post: JamesW
  "Sort of" a new member! Dagswe21 9 1,826 01-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Success...sort of Aether087 8 2,055 03-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Aether087
  Sort of Frustrating Paul Canaris 14 5,171 03-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Last Post: cincysinner
  Confused in Australia - Trying to sort out the system Dooley 20 10,705 07-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Last Post: mjbearit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.