Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Sex: Male

RE: Trying to Sort it all out
(07-13-2015 03:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:  I am much more familiar with Respironics machines, so perhaps someone experienced with Resmed can address whether there is an auto-off function. As long as the mask stays in place it won't make much difference, but now I'm curious to know if smart start and auto-off are separable.

The ResMed SmartStart feature will start when you breath into the mask, and stop after a few seconds of no air resistance. For example when you remove your mask or have a (very) large mask leak or hose disconnects. Large to the equivalent of removing your mask. A leaking pillow should not shut down a ResMed.

For reference: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-smart-start-for-resmed-s9

There is no separate Auto-off function with either the 9 or 10. It's bundled into SmartStart. You get both or none. With SmartStart enabled you can still start the machine by pressing the "on" button and have it shut off after a few seconds when you remove the mask. You can also shut it off with the button and have it auto-start when you breath into the mask the next time.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
07-13-2015 06:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Thanks Alan for your expertise.

Now that I'm an expert in Resmed, for the O.P. the shutdown may have been a one-off adjustment to CPAP. If it gets to be more frequent, or results in longer duration gaps, then maybe SmartStart is not the best idea since it shuts down the machine, apparently without your knowledge. Smile

07-13-2015 07:02 PM
PaytonA Online
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0

Other Comments:

(07-13-2015 05:31 PM)tedburnsIII Wrote:  From my experience, formal educational and professional qualifications weigh heavily in determining competency to testify as an expert. So, unless a person were likely qualified to testify as an expert, I don't consider them one. I do not use the term lightly.

Here is another definition of an expert.

An Expert is someone who can tell you tomorrow why the prognostication made yesterday did not work out today.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
07-13-2015 07:03 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

I have to also add there are a few other reasons to cause the ResMed (at least the Airsense 10 autoset) to shut down. All of them have to do with problems with the machine such as excessive air flow of 30 cm H2O for more than 6 seconds or 40 cm H2O for more than 1 second. Water in the unit, blocking the air inlet/outlet causing it to overheat. things like that.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
07-13-2015 07:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Success...sort of Aether087 8 714 03-11-2016 08:50 PM
Last Post: Aether087
  Sort of Frustrating Paul Canaris 14 3,199 03-01-2013 08:20 PM
Last Post: cincysinner
  Confused in Australia - Trying to sort out the system Dooley 20 6,802 07-12-2012 08:04 AM
Last Post: mjbearit