Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP pillow
CPAP pillow
During my searches for CPAP paraphernalia I came across CPAP contoured pillows. While they look great for side sleepers, I would like to know if anyone has one and if so, are they worth it? The only thing that puts me off is they don't appear to have a removable cover so cleaning would be a challenge. Having said that, the FF mask stops the drooling problem Laugh-a-lot

Thanks
Lyn
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP pillow
If it's the one I think - contour a chunk of concrete! I used it a few nights, woke up every morning with a headache, could not return it because I took it out of the plastic bag, gave it to my 3 year old granddaughter, she wouldn't play with it because "it's to hard" her words!!!

I use two real feather pillows and it conforms to my head and mask just about perfectly.
How To Get The Perfect Mask Fit

How important is Quality Sleep to your heart

What The Mind Can Conceive and Believe - The Body Will Achieve

Positive Attitude = Positive Results / Negative Attitude = Negative Results
Post Reply Post Reply
If it works for *YOU* then great -- but I see zero value in this for me as I have no problem with my ordinary high quality feather/down pillows.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not had any problems with a standard pillow either. Mine is pretty well bent up from all the configurations I put it in, but nothing special is needed.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I switched to a contoured memory foam pillow from the Sleep Number store a few years ago and truly love it. It softly cradles my head in whatever position I decide to sleep in. The downside is that it's a little pricey.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife and I made my own... We bought a contoured memory foam pillow from a big box store and added a wedge of foam to the bottom to raise it enough for me to side-sleep. My wife then carved out the edges with an electric knife (slices through foam like the proverbial hot knife through butter!) so that I have matching ports on each side for the mask. Works great, uses our own pillow cases, and we can make a new one if need be for far less than buying them ready made.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have one that I use and like it a lot. Although with my new Resperonics Nuance Pro I don't really need the pillow.

Good Luck
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a CPAP pillow I use at home that I got for a penny from a supplier when I ordered other stuff (on the road and in hotels 5 days of the week). It does have a removable cover. It's ok, but not worth more than a penny. You can beat a regular pillow into any shape you want. I personally think the whole "CPAP Pillow" thing is just a scam, but YMMV.

Just my opinion, and you know what opinions are like.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,855 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 261 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 339 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 662 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.