Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to Understand SleepyHead a Little Better
Trying to Understand SleepyHead a Little Better
I don't believe I am understanding the 95% reading in SleepyHead. Hoping someone can explain it for me. I see my Average Pressure last night was 7.47cm, the 95% says 9.98. My settings are 6cm-12cm. The 95% Leaks could be leaving the machine on for BR trips, I'm working on that to remember to turn it off first. I couldn't get the Auto On/Auto Off to work properly, not sure why. When I turned it on, it worked well when breathing in came right on, but when I removed the mask it wouldn't turn off. Sorry, off track, so what does the 9.98 actually mean? Appreciate the help!
[Image: 2012-11-23_1438_SH2.png]
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying to Understand SleepyHead a Little Better
I don,t use SH but take a stab at it and maybe someone who uses SH will give you more correct answer

Average Pressure last night was 7.47cm
its something to do with SH ... ResScan pressure stats: median - 95% percentile - maximum

the 95% says 9.98.
the pressure was AT and Below 9.98 for 95% of the time using the machine ... and At and ABOVE 9.98 for 5% of the time

95% percentile leak 25.20
leak was AT and BELOW 25.20 L/min for 95% of the time ... and AT and ABOVE for 5% of the time

the numbers looks good ... did you slept 12.39 hours Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
What zonk said.

Average and 95% are not the same.

And yes, those numbers are great!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2012, 04:23 PM)zonk Wrote: I don,t use SH but take a stab at it and maybe someone who uses SH will give you more correct answer

Average Pressure last night was 7.47cm
its something to do with SH ... ResScan pressure stats: median - 95% percentile - maximum

the 95% says 9.98.
the pressure was AT and Below 9.98 for 95% of the time using the machine ... and At and ABOVE 9.98 for 5% of the time

95% percentile leak 25.20
leak was AT and BELOW 25.20 L/min for 95% of the time ... and AT and ABOVE for 5% of the time

the numbers looks good ... did you slept 12.39 hours Sleep-well
I believe that was because I took a nap. The machine was off but seems to have added the days time together, not sure? This is my ninth day with SH and this machine, appreciate the help. I included the graph as I believe it shows what you are saying and the blank area must be my nap!??? I believe the smaller blanks are my BR trips like the one at 8:00. I still struggle with severe oversleeping, I'm learning it may be a combination of my health issues and treatments, Cymbalta may be one culprit! Thank you for replies!
[Image: 2012-11-23_1907SH3.png]
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2012, 04:31 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: What zonk said.

And yes, those numbers are great!
Thank you, I'm glad to hear that!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2012, 02:49 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: I don't believe I am understanding the 95% reading in SleepyHead. Hoping someone can explain it for me. I see my Average Pressure last night was 7.47cm, the 95% says 9.98. My settings are 6cm-12cm.

95% means 95th percentile. You spent 95% of the time with your pressure at or below 9.98 cm.

Quote:I couldn't get the Auto On/Auto Off to work properly, not sure why. When I turned it on, it worked well when breathing in came right on, but when I removed the mask it wouldn't turn off.

It takes a while to shut off. I always turn mine off before I remove my mask. I seem to recall someone reporting that it won't affect the data one way or the other, but I always turn mine off out of habit. If for no other reason than to stop it from making noise and waking my wife.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2012, 07:20 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: I believe that was because I took a nap. The machine was off but seems to have added the days time together, not sure? This is my ninth day with SH and this machine, appreciate the help. I included the graph as I believe it shows what you are saying and the blank area must be my nap!??? I believe the smaller blanks are my BR trips like the one at 8:00.

Yes, that's all correct. I believe it counts each day from noon to noon. So if you take your nap in the morning the data is included with the previous night's data.

Quote:I still struggle with severe oversleeping, I'm learning it may be a combination of my health issues and treatments, Cymbalta may be one culprit!

Nine days in is too soon to draw any conclusions. Your body has to adjust. It's used to having to wake itself up repeatedly and now it has to get used to not having to do that. Plus you have a sleep debt to repay. It's all part of your recovery.

What was your diagnosis and your AHI without therapy?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2012, 10:39 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(11-23-2012, 02:49 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: I don't believe I am understanding the 95% reading in SleepyHead. Hoping someone can explain it for me. I see my Average Pressure last night was 7.47cm, the 95% says 9.98. My settings are 6cm-12cm.

95% means 95th percentile. You spent 95% of the time with your pressure at or below 9.98 cm.
Okay, thank you. That should mean I'm okay with my high setting at 12cm unless that 9.98 reaches 12 for a few days or more in which time it may need to be raised?

Quote:I couldn't get the Auto On/Auto Off to work properly, not sure why. When I turned it on, it worked well when breathing in came right on, but when I removed the mask it wouldn't turn off.

It takes a while to shut off. I always turn mine off before I remove my mask. I seem to recall someone reporting that it won't affect the data one way or the other, but I always turn mine off out of habit. If for no other reason than to stop it from making noise and waking my wife.
Okay, that may be the issue. My wife an I have different bedrooms, she works the overnight at the hospital and has trouble falling asleep on her nights off without the TV on. She's not as fond of Fox News as I am, Dont-know, and I turn it off after 11:00 when "On The Record" with Greta VanSusteren is over while she falls asleep to the Waltons or Little House on the Prairie reruns! It's a mutual agreement, Dielaughing, we both need our sleep! I'll probably come up with a way to rearrange where my machine is, I use a Hospital Bed and have a few things in the way to reach the on/off button easily so tried the auto on/off. Maybe I'll give it another try and see if it turns off after a bit. Thanks!!!

Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2012, 10:49 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(11-23-2012, 07:20 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: I believe that was because I took a nap. The machine was off but seems to have added the days time together, not sure? This is my ninth day with SH and this machine, appreciate the help. I included the graph as I believe it shows what you are saying and the blank area must be my nap!??? I believe the smaller blanks are my BR trips like the one at 8:00.

Yes, that's all correct. I believe it counts each day from noon to noon. So if you take your nap in the morning the data is included with the previous night's data.

Quote:I still struggle with severe oversleeping, I'm learning it may be a combination of my health issues and treatments, Cymbalta may be one culprit!

Nine days in is too soon to draw any conclusions. Your body has to adjust. It's used to having to wake itself up repeatedly and now it has to get used to not having to do that. Plus you have a sleep debt to repay. It's all part of your recovery.

What was your diagnosis and your AHI without therapy?
The Sleep Study report says, "Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea" with a AHI of 69.3. No mention of Central Apnea that I could find.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2012, 04:31 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: What zonk said.

Indeed. I was almost average in school but I'll be darned if my marks ever reached 95%
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 121 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 124 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Just trying to understand this stuff Domino96 5 336 03-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Newby trying to understand what i am seeing WoodyV12 18 1,092 02-24-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Macka
Question [CPAP] Help to understand current situation and OSCAR data 3dkid14 0 278 01-18-2024, 04:21 AM
Last Post: 3dkid14
  Help to understand results, please Olis001 5 455 11-30-2023, 12:04 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Please help me understand why therapy is not showing results Paradox97 22 1,653 10-04-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Paradox97

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.