Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to convert from F30i to P30i
Trying to convert from F30i to P30i
For comfort I am trying to migrate to a P30i from my F30i. I have to use Somnifix strips with my F30i as my jaw drops once I fall into deep sleep and 'large leaks' occur at the bottom of the mask and of course with the P30i I have to keep my lips together at all times.  

It all works with the P30i but I wake up with a pounding head, nasal irritation which lasts all the following day with a streaming nose, but and worst of all my nostrils are really painful from the air whooshing in. I do not experience this with F30i full face mask + Somnifix - only this new P30i + Somnifix.

My research elsewhere on this board indicates I might need to pay (I self fund) for Humidification. Does that sound right? Or has anyone else resolved this problem in a different way?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying to convert from F30i to P30i
If you're using the AirSense 10, the humidifier is part of the machine.
What would you be paying for other than a humidifier chamber and possibly distilled water?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've forgotten to fill my humidity chamber a few times and always end up with nasal problems identical to yours. so, yes, it looks like you need humidification.
Post Reply Post Reply
I may be off base but I think some countries issue ResMed PAP machines with the humidifier block off plate instead of the tub. Then the humidifier tub gets treated as an extra cost item in this scenario.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2022, 11:51 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I may be off base but I think some countries issue ResMed PAP machines with the humidifier block off plate instead of the tub. Then the humidifier tub gets treated as an extra cost item in this scenario.

Thanks for replies - Yes my Resmed has no humidification at all. Looks like my only solution is to buy it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine came with a humidifier chamber. However, it's marked "distilled water only" In Canada. it's a ResMed chamber.

I shopped--my DME Supplier wants a $100 Canadian for the more expensive (tap water) container. Other suppliers sell it for 1/2 price with free shipping.

Suggestion--shop around.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
You can use any water that you would drink.
If it is hard water with minerals you will need to frequently dump the dredges in the humidifier chamber to get rid of the minerals. If they accumulate a brief soak with a weak vinegar solution and rinse is all you will need. With distilled water you can go many weeks without seeing any sign of minerals and thus it is preferred by many, but it is not required.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello shockedCAGB,

I too moved from the F30i to the P30i.

It was a very worthwhile endeavor for me. That said, I do have the humidifier chamber, and I find that humidity is pretty critical to not drying out the nasal passages.

There are two types of humidifier chambers made by ResMed for the AS10 - one that is "dishwasher safe" and does not say distilled water only, and one that is not dishwasher safe and does specify distilled water only. FWIW, I agree with Gideon's post above, but if you have to purchase a humidifier chamber anyway, why not get the "dishwasher safe" version? This could eliminate any "But why do they say..." voice in the back of your mind. I don't think there is a huge difference in cost.

Also, don't hesitate to try a different nasal pillow size than what the ResMed sizing guide indicates. For example, I "should" be using a small size IAW the ResMed guide, but found the medium to be more comfortable and less leak prone.

Hope this helps.

Mikey
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  anyone convert CSV o2 data into Oscar? drgrimes 7 2,773 03-07-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: capman
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 255 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  New CPAP User - f30i Mask Troubles CcReesezzzzz01 6 823 01-31-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: CcReesezzzzz01
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.