Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to determine lowest effective ASV settings
RE: Trying to determine lowest effective ASV settings
Posting an Oscar screenshot of last night, includes data from my Wellue O2 ring. Had a lot of trouble sleeping last night -- still getting used to the ResMed -- but still looks great. From what little I know, the O2 stuff looks normal.

I still have major trouble with aerophagia, tho. I'm very uncomfortably bloated and have trouble eating even my usual small amounts of "baby food" (bland, simple -- I lost my sense of smell/taste/appetite years ago). My esophagus spasms if pressure is too high, and even with the machine bottomed out pressure-wise, I still wake up with weird squeaking and "busy" noises/sensations in my throat. But clearly there aren't any more adjustments I can do to the machine.

From everything I read, this is likely all due to my years-long fight with GERD and a (probably considerably) weakened LES/UES. Having a stomach full of air -- that doesn't move -- can't be helping with reflux.

I use the ResMed F30 mask, which is comfortable and doesn't leak. I also tape my mouth. But even when I consciously hold my tongue against the roof of my mouth (or other places that effectively cut off the airflow to stomach), air frequently puffs out my cheeks and I have to try to get rid of it without swallowing it. I have an adjustable bed and sleep with my torso elevated at least 40 degrees. I sleep on my back only (can't sleep on either side for various reasons). I also use a soft cervical collar, mostly because it keeps my head in a comfortable position. I don't eat large meals ever, let alone within 3-4 hours of bedtime, and I don't drink or smoke.

If there's anything I've missed with regard to aerophagia relief, please let me know!!  Dont-know  
I think it may just boil down to me finding a new GI doc here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
On aerophagia, I lay on my left side, elevate the head of bed area. I also do these for GERD and back pain.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Posting a couple more Oscar screenshots at the rock-bottom ASV settings. 

I had to lay off the CPAP for a few days to let my GERD calm down, but back with it now and no ill effects so far. These settings are really comfortable and I feel rested (!!) every morning.

I set EPAP Max up to 4.2 for tonight as per Dave's titration suggestion, will see what that does.

Thanks, Dave and everybody else who chimed in here!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, and do you feel treatment is helping? If you can get continual good charts like this, you should be set for success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Treatment is definitely helping BIG TIME. I haven't felt this good in years. This opioid effect is insidious; I must have been going downhill for a couple of decades and had accepted the fallacy that being tired was just part and parcel of getting old!
Post Reply Post Reply
OK that's good to hear. How about just building a decent trend of several days. I'm seeing no need to increase pressures if you can build that trend. Comfort is number 1 thing to keep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to determine my current no-CPAP AHI BigWing 18 950 12-17-2023, 10:44 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 830 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Can't determine settings RichardTerrio 10 1,031 09-05-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: RichardTerrio
  Therapy less effective for no obvious reason Chalkie 2 398 08-09-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Chalkie
  [Treatment] Is my therapy effective? Maikele 1 361 04-07-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How effective is APAP if left to do it's thing? chris94546 4 612 03-16-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: chris94546
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 857 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.