Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to download SleepyHead SW
Trying to download SleepyHead SW
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and to CPAP (2 months). I will be getting my PR Series 60 Auto next week from an online store (large). (My CPAP is a brick, tells me nothing, and the constant pressure is killing me.) I am trying to download SleepyHead (I guess the latest is 9.1?) but am having difficulty. Where is the best place to download it from (if it can be told)? My computer keeps saying it doesn't recognize it and I can either delete it or take an action? Also, I guess I need an SD card reader? Can anyone tell me where to get this and anything else I need to know about equipment I need, in order to review the report when I get the Auto? I don't know "jack" about what I'm doing right now and I'm trying to figure all of this out while "functioning" on a half-asleep brain (have not worked out issues on CPAP yet.) Thank you very much for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying to download SleepyHead SW
(03-09-2012, 01:51 PM)Jenny Wrote: Hi,
I'm new to this forum and to CPAP (2 months). I will be getting my PR Series 60 Auto next week from an online store (large). (My CPAP is a brick, tells me nothing, and the constant pressure is killing me.) I am trying to download SleepyHead (I guess the latest is 9.1?) but am having difficulty. Where is the best place to download it from (if it can be told)? My computer keeps saying it doesn't recognize it and I can either delete it or take an action? Also, I guess I need an SD card reader? Can anyone tell me where to get this and anything else I need to know about equipment I need, in order to review the report when I get the Auto? I don't know "jack" about what I'm doing right now and I'm trying to figure all of this out while "functioning" on a half-asleep brain (have not worked out issues on CPAP yet.) Thank you very much for any help.

welcome to the forum.

usb sd card reader can be bought anyplace you buy computer supplys. It's a common thing that you wouldn't know about til you need one.

what operating system are you using? if you have the sleepy head download on your computer try right clicking it and choosing run as administrator. if you're on xp, it don't have that option. the way i understand it, you don't have to be an administrator but the program needs administrator rights.

if you don't have the download, try logging in as administrator and downloading. make sure you know the admin password and your password before logging out or you may not get back in.

an sd card reader and sleepyhead is all that you should need.

sleephead http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jenny
Congrats on the new machine , you,re gonna like the heated hose with the 60 series.
Some computers have a built-in card reader .
Check "CPAP Clinician Setup Manuals" sticky for the manual and this video from cpap library.

[edit by Admin: this site is now a DME - (go to Supplier #25 in the Supplier List)]

You might be interested to browse through SleepHead software thread.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...sleepyhead
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome. I think UncleBill has given the best response available. Look at his last sentence with the hyperlike. thats where you need to go. You might need to sign of as administrator on your 'puter. Ha, who am I to tell ya, I'm still using Sleephead version 8.8 (and love it). The sleephead software is perfect for most us. Others get very sofisticated with sometimes needless info that we don;t need or understand.

As Zonk said..look at your computer, it may hae a sd card reader already built in, esp: if its a fairly new computer. Most of the new ones have them built in.

swing by your local large retail store, ( the one that Sam Walton started) it starts off with Walxxxx. Electronics dept has just what you need. A cheap SD card and reader. You won;t need a SD card larger then a 2GB, as you'll never ever fill it up.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2012, 03:24 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: Welcome. I think UncleBill has given the best response available. Look at his last sentence with the hyperlike. thats where you need to go. You might need to sign of as administrator on your 'puter. Ha, who am I to tell ya, I'm still using Sleephead version 8.8 (and love it). The sleephead software is perfect for most us. Others get very sofisticated with sometimes needless info that we don;t need or understand.

As Zonk said..look at your computer, it may hae a sd card reader already built in, esp: if its a fairly new computer. Most of the new ones have them built in.

swing by your local large retail store, ( the one that Sam Walton started) it starts off with Walxxxx. Electronics dept has just what you need. A cheap SD card and reader. You won;t need a SD card larger then a 2GB, as you'll never ever fill it up.

the cpap machine should come with an sd card shouldn't it? i thought if they were data capable they have a card.

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you are right...they are supposed to come with SD card, manuals, and even the clinician manual, I though.. My DME removed the SD card as well as the clinician manual per the manufacturer.

I bought my SD card and copied the clinician manual off of this generous forum.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2012, 06:37 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: I think you are right...they are supposed to come with SD card, manuals, and even the clinician manual, I though.. My DME removed the SD card as well as the clinician manual per the manufacturer.

I bought my SD card and copied the clinician manual off of this generous forum.

my wife's came from the dme with card, minus clinician book. i paid supplier 6 out of pocket for mine. it came in the factory sealed box with everything.

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
You all are wonderful! Thanks for the great help. I love this forum and I already feel better knowing I have friends like you. The Auto is supposed to arrive Tuesday. Once I read the manual, I'll keep you posted on my progress. Right now, I can fall asleep at 10:30 p.m. with the CPAP but wake up every day at around 4:30 a.m. and wide awake. I have to take the mask off then and try to sleep till 6 a.m., but I always wake up having had a nightmare and my heart racing, so I know I'm having apneas. Also, when I wake up at 4:30 a.m., I find it very difficult to exhale against the pressure, so that's why I have to take the mask off. I've read that others also have problems with only sleeping 4 or 5 hours. I think, at first, that the brain is so unaccustomed to sleeping without apneas that there must be a kind of misfire that causes it to spring awake at 4 or 5 hours. The problem is that if I don't get 7 or 8 hours sleep, I feel terrible the whole day. So all this is why I bought the Auto and am really looking forward to the low pressure setting before apneas. I've been in a living hell for too many years with this horrible tiredness (I'm embarrassed to say how many). I kept going to doctors getting blood tests, thinking I had anemia or thyroid disease. The tests always came back perfect. Then I would launch on spending lots of money on energy drinks, energy shakes, and vitamins. Then I bought tons of plants for my bedroom because I thought they would clean the air and help me sleep better. I was constantly scouring the Internet and Googling terms such as "I feel terrible in the morning." I found one blog where this girl was telling another girl to take her calcium as a powder, and not as a pill, because taking a calcium pill was hard on the body, so I bought the calcium powder. Anyway, that's the life I've been living for a long time. It was only until a friend suggested I might have sleep apnea that I finally went and got tested in December 2011 (AHI = 26). Anything that happens to me in life from this time forward will not be that bad, because I will always compare it to pre-CPAP. And I will get this thing down to a fine science. Thanks so much for reading if you made it this far. I wish doctors were more keen to suggest sleeping difficulties to their patients. I went to 2 different doctors for years, and all they would say is that I must be depressed, and here, take this antidepressant. This makes me the maddest of all. God Bless.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2012, 07:13 PM)Jenny Wrote: You all are wonderful! Thanks for the great help. I love this forum and I already feel better knowing I have friends like you. The Auto is supposed to arrive Tuesday. Once I read the manual, I'll keep you posted on my progress. Right now, I can fall asleep at 10:30 p.m. with the CPAP but wake up every day at around 4:30 a.m. and wide awake. I have to take the mask off then and try to sleep till 6 a.m., but I always wake up having had a nightmare and my heart racing, so I know I'm having apneas. Also, when I wake up at 4:30 a.m., I find it very difficult to exhale against the pressure, so that's why I have to take the mask off. I've read that others also have problems with only sleeping 4 or 5 hours. I think, at first, that the brain is so unaccustomed to sleeping without apneas that there must be a kind of misfire that causes it to spring awake at 4 or 5 hours. The problem is that if I don't get 7 or 8 hours sleep, I feel terrible the whole day. So all this is why I bought the Auto and am really looking forward to the low pressure setting before apneas. I've been in a living hell for too many years with this horrible tiredness (I'm embarrassed to say how many). I kept going to doctors getting blood tests, thinking I had anemia or thyroid disease. The tests always came back perfect. Then I would launch on spending lots of money on energy drinks, energy shakes, and vitamins. Then I bought tons of plants for my bedroom because I thought they would clean the air and help me sleep better. I was constantly scouring the Internet and Googling terms such as "I feel terrible in the morning." I found one blog where this girl was telling another girl to take her calcium as a powder, and not as a pill, because taking a calcium pill was hard on the body, so I bought the calcium powder. Anyway, that's the life I've been living for a long time. It was only until a friend suggested I might have sleep apnea that I finally went and got tested in December 2011 (AHI = 26). Anything that happens to me in life from this time forward will not be that bad, because I will always compare it to pre-CPAP. And I will get this thing down to a fine science. Thanks so much for reading if you made it this far. I wish doctors were more keen to suggest sleeping difficulties to their patients. I went to 2 different doctors for years, and all they would say is that I must be depressed, and here, take this antidepressant. This makes me the maddest of all. God Bless.

do i know you from another forum?

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 439 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  How often do you download to OSCAR? kylemw 6 741 03-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: kylemw
  Received new BiPAp but will not download settings from DME... emptyheaded 4 577 06-03-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: emptyheaded
  [Equipment] Old EncorePro SmartCard data download eth2oski 2 782 05-12-2022, 08:14 AM
Last Post: eth2oski
  Respironics remstar Pro c-flex system one card won't download staduimjunkie 7 2,338 01-25-2021, 04:50 PM
Last Post: sheepless
Question Oscar SD Card Download Issue nrvdoc 4 973 01-04-2021, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Where to download owner manual for Phillips Respironics System One mitcham 4 4,147 01-29-2020, 08:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.