Sparkle Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Res Med Air Sense 10 Auto Set
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed S10 37028
CPAP Pressure: 4-14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: 3 brothers on CPAP; rescue mom to Bootsie Bella; wishes the APAP matched the decor in my bedroom :)

Sex: Female

Trying to figure out sleep report
Hi All,
Last night was night #2 with the machine. I downloaded the MyAir and received the report this morning. What exactly does the Events per hour - 0.3 mean? Do I even have sleep apnea? Apparently I do because the dr. prescribed the machine. But does this mean the machine limited the events to such a low number?

I'm confused....

Usage Hours: 6:15
Mask Seal: Good
Events per hour 0.3
Mask on/off: 1
Air Score: 93[/php][/code]
01-15-2015 08:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Trying to figure out sleep report
Hi Sparkle

As I understand it, MyAir gives you a summary figure as points out of 100. So 93 is very good. The "events" would be apneas and hypopneas - with treatment you only had 0.3 per hour on average over 6:15 hours - an excellent result. And to answer your question directly - yes, your machine is limiting the events to a very low number. What it does not mean is that you no longer have apnea. If you stop using the machine, your numbers would go straight back to what they were before you started.

So, really excellent numbers after two nights. Now the next big question is "How do you feel?"

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
01-15-2015 10:06 AM
Sparkle Offline

Preferred Members-2

Other Comments: 3 brothers on CPAP; rescue mom to Bootsie Bella; wishes the APAP matched the decor in my bedroom :)

(01-15-2015 10:06 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:  So, really excellent numbers after two nights. Now the next big question is "How do you feel?"

Thank you Paul - very helpful explanation. How do I feel? Well, a slight difference - probably the most dramatic thing I can say is I only woke up once last night - instead of the usual 5-7 times (and it was a loud noise that woke me up) - and when the alarm went off this morning at 5:15AM (I had to be in work this morning earlier than usual) I got right out of bed with no problem at all. I still feel a *little* tired but I did have to get up earlier than usual. I am going to be patient because I don't want to think I should get instant results.
01-15-2015 10:40 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

Sparkle

If you don't have a copy of your sleep study results, I recommend that you get a copy of it with the data points on it as well as your script for your machine/supplies. Look at your machine and put in your profile specifically which machine you have (for some questions asked, it makes a difference if you have an auto, vpap, fixed pressure machine, etc. etc.).

Stick with it and your results above shows that the machine is doing what it is supposed to.
01-15-2015 10:57 AM
Sparkle Offline

Preferred Members-2

(01-15-2015 10:57 AM)me50 Wrote:  Sparkle

If you don't have a copy of your sleep study results, I recommend that you get a copy of it with the data points on it as well as your script for your machine/supplies. Look at your machine and put in your profile specifically which machine you have (for some questions asked, it makes a difference if you have an auto, vpap, fixed pressure machine, etc. etc.).

Stick with it and your results above shows that the machine is doing what it is supposed to.

Thank you - I will do this. I am surprised you have to ask for them. I updated my profile with the machine info also. Thank you.
01-15-2015 11:06 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Hi Sparkle,
It sounds like you are off to a great start, keep up the good work.
Yes, you have to ask for your sleep study report and also, ask for your prescription for your equipment, so that if you should want to buy anything online, you will be able to do that. What I did with my prescription was, I converted it into a JPEG, (Picture,) file so that I could send any online supplier a copy and that way they would have my prescription on file. Back to your sleep study report for a second; don't just let them give you a summary, ask for the whole thing, (my report was a 15 page document.) Sometimes the people at the Dr.s office may tell you that you won't understand it and try to just give you a summary, tell them that you want the whole report, you do have a right to this and your prescription.
I hope this makes sense to you.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.

trish6hundred
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2015 01:42 PM by trish6hundred.)
01-15-2015 01:40 PM
Sparkle Offline

Preferred Members-2

(01-15-2015 10:06 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:  Hi Sparkle

As I understand it, MyAir gives you a summary figure as points out of 100. So 93 is very good. The "events" would be apneas and hypopneas - with treatment you only had 0.3 per hour on average over 6:15 hours - an excellent result. And to answer your question directly - yes, your machine is limiting the events to a very low number. What it does not mean is that you no longer have apnea. If you stop using the machine, your numbers would go straight back to what they were before you started.

[/quote]

(01-15-2015 01:40 PM)trish6hundred Wrote:  Hi Sparkle,
It sounds like you are off to a great start, keep up the good work.
Yes, you have to ask for your sleep study report and also, ask for your prescription for your equipment, so that if you should want to buy anything online, you will be able to do that.

Thank you everyone ~ I got the report - it reads in part:

The patient had a home sleep study with a total flow evaluation period of only 3 hours and 44 minutes and an oxygen evaluaton period of only 3 hours and 23 minutes. The apnea/hypopnea index as 14.5 and the respiratory index as 16.7. Average oxygen saturation was 93% with a minimum oxygen saturation of 85%. There were no apneas with 54 hopopneas and 147 snoring (ugh!) events. This is a limited study as the duration of the study was less than 4 hours. The patient also reports multiple awakening because of noise disturbance. The study suggests moderate obstructive sleep apnea.

So there we have it - I guess the sleep report w/the machine is indicating it is doing the trick!
01-15-2015 03:25 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Mr. Van Winkle Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: Airsense
CPAP Pressure: 9 -15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

(01-15-2015 08:01 AM)Sparkle Wrote:  Hi All,
Last night was night #2 with the machine. I downloaded the MyAir and received the report this morning. What exactly does the Events per hour - 0.3 mean? Do I even have sleep apnea? Apparently I do because the dr. prescribed the machine. But does this mean the machine limited the events to such a low number?

I'm confused....

Usage Hours: 6:15
Mask Seal: Good
Events per hour 0.3
Mask on/off: 1
Air Score: 93[/php][/code]

Wow! your off to a good start if you could of had 7 hrs of sleep you would of had 100% Smile, Yes women do snore too Smile
Good Job!
01-15-2015 03:51 PM
Tez62 Offline

Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5-15

Other Comments:

Sparkles, your AHI was 14.5 at your sleep study so you have borderline Mild to Moderate sleep apnea.
Your results from last night were 0.3, so you can see how the CPAP is working for you if you compare the two figures.
A normal person will stop breathing up to 5 times per hour.
Hardly anyone gets to '0' every night, other things that can affect our AHI are movement, what we eat, weather, medications etc, etc, etc.

When you get more confident, you may want to download the sleepyhead software and use that instead.

keep at it and well done.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2015 04:55 PM by Tez62.)
01-15-2015 04:53 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sparkle Offline

Preferred Members-2

(01-15-2015 04:53 PM)Tez62 Wrote:  Sparkles, your AHI was 14.5 at your sleep study so you have borderline Mild to Moderate sleep apnea.
Your results from last night were 0.3, so you can see how the CPAP is working for you if you compare the two figures.
A normal person will stop breathing up to 5 times per hour.
Hardly anyone gets to '0' every night, other things that can affect our AHI are movement, what we eat, weather, medications etc, etc, etc.

When you get more confident, you may want to download the sleepyhead software and use that instead.

keep at it and well done.

I will try the Sleepyhead software - I've been browsing the board with instructions. It sounds a bit difficult but I'll give it a try.

You answered a question for me - re: what we eat, etc. Right now I am participating in a New Year 21 Day Fast - only beverage is water and food is restricted to fruits and vegetables (no preservatives, sugar, dairy, meat, poultry, fish, bread). So I am on Day 12 - I have lost a little bit of weight as well (though that is not the purpose of the fast). I'm wondering if I should keep a journal - so I can see what foods (when I go back to my occasional glass of wine/drinking coffee) how that will affect my score.

Day 3 score was 99 with .01 events per hour! But I feel the same as always....
01-16-2015 09:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  First SleepyHead report for S9 Autoset Lanco 41 1,693 11-27-2016 05:11 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  What report from SleepyHead for FAA? gkainz 5 259 11-23-2016 09:50 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
Question [Diagnosis] Sleep Study Report: Lowest Desaturation vs Lowest Saturation blueelement2016 4 249 11-09-2016 02:37 AM
Last Post: blueelement2016
  Oximetry report Sunshinepostell 3 385 09-09-2016 08:52 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Wink Where can I find my "number" on my sleep report? Maxxjacker 1 310 08-24-2016 01:39 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Sleep Report Question BigPapa 6 651 07-26-2016 03:52 PM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas
  Did you have to report your Sleep Apnea to renew your driver's license? shawn42 33 2,235 07-17-2016 04:09 AM
Last Post: Dafod