Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to figure out sleep report
Trying to figure out sleep report
Hi All,
Last night was night #2 with the machine. I downloaded the MyAir and received the report this morning. What exactly does the Events per hour - 0.3 mean? Do I even have sleep apnea? Apparently I do because the dr. prescribed the machine. But does this mean the machine limited the events to such a low number?

I'm confused....

Usage Hours: 6:15
Mask Seal: Good
Events per hour 0.3
Mask on/off: 1
Air Score: 93[/php][/code]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying to figure out sleep report
Hi Sparkle

As I understand it, MyAir gives you a summary figure as points out of 100. So 93 is very good. The "events" would be apneas and hypopneas - with treatment you only had 0.3 per hour on average over 6:15 hours - an excellent result. And to answer your question directly - yes, your machine is limiting the events to a very low number. What it does not mean is that you no longer have apnea. If you stop using the machine, your numbers would go straight back to what they were before you started.

So, really excellent numbers after two nights. Now the next big question is "How do you feel?"

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 10:06 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: So, really excellent numbers after two nights. Now the next big question is "How do you feel?"

Thank you Paul - very helpful explanation. How do I feel? Well, a slight difference - probably the most dramatic thing I can say is I only woke up once last night - instead of the usual 5-7 times (and it was a loud noise that woke me up) - and when the alarm went off this morning at 5:15AM (I had to be in work this morning earlier than usual) I got right out of bed with no problem at all. I still feel a *little* tired but I did have to get up earlier than usual. I am going to be patient because I don't want to think I should get instant results.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sparkle

If you don't have a copy of your sleep study results, I recommend that you get a copy of it with the data points on it as well as your script for your machine/supplies. Look at your machine and put in your profile specifically which machine you have (for some questions asked, it makes a difference if you have an auto, vpap, fixed pressure machine, etc. etc.).

Stick with it and your results above shows that the machine is doing what it is supposed to.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 10:57 AM)me50 Wrote: Sparkle

If you don't have a copy of your sleep study results, I recommend that you get a copy of it with the data points on it as well as your script for your machine/supplies. Look at your machine and put in your profile specifically which machine you have (for some questions asked, it makes a difference if you have an auto, vpap, fixed pressure machine, etc. etc.).

Stick with it and your results above shows that the machine is doing what it is supposed to.

Thank you - I will do this. I am surprised you have to ask for them. I updated my profile with the machine info also. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sparkle,
It sounds like you are off to a great start, keep up the good work.
Yes, you have to ask for your sleep study report and also, ask for your prescription for your equipment, so that if you should want to buy anything online, you will be able to do that. What I did with my prescription was, I converted it into a JPEG, (Picture,) file so that I could send any online supplier a copy and that way they would have my prescription on file. Back to your sleep study report for a second; don't just let them give you a summary, ask for the whole thing, (my report was a 15 page document.) Sometimes the people at the Dr.s office may tell you that you won't understand it and try to just give you a summary, tell them that you want the whole report, you do have a right to this and your prescription.
I hope this makes sense to you.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 10:06 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Hi Sparkle

As I understand it, MyAir gives you a summary figure as points out of 100. So 93 is very good. The "events" would be apneas and hypopneas - with treatment you only had 0.3 per hour on average over 6:15 hours - an excellent result. And to answer your question directly - yes, your machine is limiting the events to a very low number. What it does not mean is that you no longer have apnea. If you stop using the machine, your numbers would go straight back to what they were before you started.

[/quote]

(01-15-2015, 01:40 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Sparkle,
It sounds like you are off to a great start, keep up the good work.
Yes, you have to ask for your sleep study report and also, ask for your prescription for your equipment, so that if you should want to buy anything online, you will be able to do that.

Thank you everyone ~ I got the report - it reads in part:

The patient had a home sleep study with a total flow evaluation period of only 3 hours and 44 minutes and an oxygen evaluaton period of only 3 hours and 23 minutes. The apnea/hypopnea index as 14.5 and the respiratory index as 16.7. Average oxygen saturation was 93% with a minimum oxygen saturation of 85%. There were no apneas with 54 hopopneas and 147 snoring (ugh!) events. This is a limited study as the duration of the study was less than 4 hours. The patient also reports multiple awakening because of noise disturbance. The study suggests moderate obstructive sleep apnea.

So there we have it - I guess the sleep report w/the machine is indicating it is doing the trick!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 08:01 AM)Sparkle Wrote: Hi All,
Last night was night #2 with the machine. I downloaded the MyAir and received the report this morning. What exactly does the Events per hour - 0.3 mean? Do I even have sleep apnea? Apparently I do because the dr. prescribed the machine. But does this mean the machine limited the events to such a low number?

I'm confused....

Usage Hours: 6:15
Mask Seal: Good
Events per hour 0.3
Mask on/off: 1
Air Score: 93[/php][/code]

Wow! your off to a good start if you could of had 7 hrs of sleep you would of had 100% Smile, Yes women do snore too Smile
Good Job!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sparkles, your AHI was 14.5 at your sleep study so you have borderline Mild to Moderate sleep apnea.
Your results from last night were 0.3, so you can see how the CPAP is working for you if you compare the two figures.
A normal person will stop breathing up to 5 times per hour.
Hardly anyone gets to '0' every night, other things that can affect our AHI are movement, what we eat, weather, medications etc, etc, etc.

When you get more confident, you may want to download the sleepyhead software and use that instead.

keep at it and well done.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 04:53 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Sparkles, your AHI was 14.5 at your sleep study so you have borderline Mild to Moderate sleep apnea.
Your results from last night were 0.3, so you can see how the CPAP is working for you if you compare the two figures.
A normal person will stop breathing up to 5 times per hour.
Hardly anyone gets to '0' every night, other things that can affect our AHI are movement, what we eat, weather, medications etc, etc, etc.

When you get more confident, you may want to download the sleepyhead software and use that instead.

keep at it and well done.

I will try the Sleepyhead software - I've been browsing the board with instructions. It sounds a bit difficult but I'll give it a try.

You answered a question for me - re: what we eat, etc. Right now I am participating in a New Year 21 Day Fast - only beverage is water and food is restricted to fruits and vegetables (no preservatives, sugar, dairy, meat, poultry, fish, bread). So I am on Day 12 - I have lost a little bit of weight as well (though that is not the purpose of the fast). I'm wondering if I should keep a journal - so I can see what foods (when I go back to my occasional glass of wine/drinking coffee) how that will affect my score.

Day 3 score was 99 with .01 events per hour! But I feel the same as always....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [CPAP] Can Anyone Help me figure out what this is? jmperez1013 1 158 03-11-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 330 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.