Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to figure out sleep report
RE: Trying to figure out sleep report
It's a good idea to keep a journal but no need to get over worried about what you eat or drink, I was just trying to point out that every night is a different night and so many factors can influence our AHI scores. Your doing very well at 0.1

Just on you feeling the same, some people feel a sudden burst of energy with CPAP and for others it takes a lot longer and for some they never feel any different.
It depends on a number of factors, how long people have had sleep apnea for, how servere it is, etc, so once again we are all different and there is no exact formula to this.

What you need to do is stay positive that your treatment is working for you, your tiredness in the afternoons may just be a matter of course that as we older we get tired later in the day and it is just natural.

Try not to over think things and let them take there course and you will eventually see some results.

I have attached the links to Sleepyhead and some Youtube video's you may want to look at before you download the software.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead Link to Sleepyhead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuAnzBVWYD4 Link to Sleepyhead Youtube Video part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmhXkmeJDIM Link to Sleepyhead Youtube Video part 2
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2015, 06:43 PM)Tez62 Wrote: It's a good idea to keep a journal but no need to get over worried about what you eat or drink, I was just trying to point out that every night is a different night and so many factors can influence our AHI scores. Your doing very well at 0.1

Just on you feeling the same, some people feel a sudden burst of energy with CPAP and for others it takes a lot longer and for some they never feel any different.
It depends on a number of factors, how long people have had sleep apnea for, how servere it is, etc, so once again we are all different and there is no exact formula to this.

What you need to do is stay positive that your treatment is working for you, your tiredness in the afternoons may just be a matter of course that as we older we get tired later in the day and it is just natural.

Try not to over think things and let them take there course and you will eventually see some results.

I have attached the links to Sleepyhead and some Youtube video's you may want to look at before you download the software.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead Link to Sleepyhead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuAnzBVWYD4 Link to Sleepyhead Youtube Video part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmhXkmeJDIM Link to Sleepyhead Youtube Video part 2

Thank you - I am an over thinker lol! And I am staying positive - this board and the people on it are a big reason why. I don't feel alone here - at first I felt isolated - dark room, by myself, a machine and the whole world was quiet. Now, thanks to this board I know there are hundreds doing just as I am - hooking up the hose and mask and falling asleep Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done and just ask us, I think we are up to 30,000 members on this site alone, so you are not alone.
It is very daunting at the start but it does get easier, I have been on CPAP for 4 years now and it saved my life.
My life is so much better than it was the previous 48 years prior to being diagnose .
I can't sleep without my CPAP and mask now, it is part of me, I just chuck it on at night and no over thinking about it anymore Smile
You will eventually be the same, it just takes time and patience and time is something we all have a lot of.

Have a good weekend, it's Saturday afternoon here in Australia Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2015, 09:09 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Well done and just ask us, I think we are up to 30,000 members on this site alone, so you are not alone.
It is very daunting at the start but it does get easier, I have been on CPAP for 4 years now and it saved my life.
My life is so much better than it was the previous 48 years prior to being diagnose .
I can't sleep without my CPAP and mask now, it is part of me, I just chuck it on at night and no over thinking about it anymore Smile
You will eventually be the same, it just takes time and patience and time is something we all have a lot of.

Have a good weekend, it's Saturday afternoon here in Australia Smile

You too - thank you. Its 9:17PM here north of Boston and a balmy 10 degrees FarenheitOh-jeez:
Post Reply Post Reply
I do like the cool weather for sleeping but that may be too cool for me lol, It's a sunny 25C here today I think thats around 80F.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2015, 09:23 PM)Tez62 Wrote: I do like the cool weather for sleeping but that may be too cool for me lol, It's a sunny 25C here today I think thats around 80F.

Lucky - I need some sunshine! At least it is the Friday night of a long weekend - Monday we are celebrating Martin Luther King Jr Holiday
Post Reply Post Reply
Sparkles, Hi. I'm only a little ahead of you in this journey, I've just finished my 21 night on c-pap. I too have your machine. I don't know about you, but I was able to download sleepyhead but couldn't get it to work. I don't know that they are "a10" Resmed Airsense 10 ready yet.

I was able to easily install the Resmed Rescan program which I found a link to on the boards here, just do a search for it.

I loaded that up and got right in to my results. I did have a little confusion trying to get the "patient name" set up etc, so ended up just over-riding that as "no patient" with it allowing me to view my detailed charts but not save.

Be sure you select that you want to see all your data (I think it's the middle box of two or three one's) so you can have the option of detailed one's as well as simpler one's.

My numbers are still no where near as low as yours but I also started higher. My first to nights with "our" machine I had terrible rainout (water dripping down the tubing) because the tech had set it to a medium type humidity and heat setting. I sleep in a very cold room (62 and I like it) so I did much better when I put machine for heat/humidy onto the AUTO feature.

Best wishes, keep with it, it takes a while to FEEL the difference. Eat-popcorn
Mine hasn't been lightening bolt, but more "HEY, I feel, I don't know, it's not familiar...dare I saw...ALIVE?" dawning on me. I will see my doc for followup in a few weeks.

Susan in San Francisco.
Post Reply Post Reply
To use the Sleepyhead software with the new Airsense 10 machines, you need to use the testing version. Works like a charm. http://sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions

Download from there, and try again.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2015, 10:37 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: Sparkles, Hi. I'm only a little ahead of you in this journey, I've just finished my 21 night on c-pap. I too have your machine. I don't know about you, but I was able to download sleepyhead but couldn't get it to work. I don't know that they are "a10" Resmed Airsense 10 ready yet.

I was able to easily install the Resmed Rescan program which I found a link to on the boards here, just do a search for it.

I loaded that up and got right in to my results. I did have a little confusion trying to get the "patient name" set up etc, so ended up just over-riding that as "no patient" with it allowing me to view my detailed charts but not save.

Be sure you select that you want to see all your data (I think it's the middle box of two or three one's) so you can have the option of detailed one's as well as simpler one's.

My numbers are still no where near as low as yours but I also started higher. My first to nights with "our" machine I had terrible rainout (water dripping down the tubing) because the tech had set it to a medium type humidity and heat setting. I sleep in a very cold room (62 and I like it) so I did much better when I put machine for heat/humidy onto the AUTO feature.

Best wishes, keep with it, it takes a while to FEEL the difference. Eat-popcorn
Mine hasn't been lightening bolt, but more "HEY, I feel, I don't know, it's not familiar...dare I saw...ALIVE?" dawning on me. I will see my doc for followup in a few weeks.

Susan in San Francisco.

Hi Susan,
Thank you for your post - it is very helpful. I'll look for that software you mention. I downloaded sleepyhead but I did see where it isn't upgraded yet for our machine. I'll look for Rescan and let you know how I do.

I had a bad night last night - I went off the machine after five hours sleep - I haven't been using the humidifier and posted just yesterday that I'm doing fine without it and don't you know - i think I jinxed myself - I had trouble last night with terrible dryness. I bought some distilled water today and will try the humidifier tonight. Like you, I keep my room cold - 58 degrees - (I'm just north of Boston - temps here have been in the single digits the past week.

I'll keep in touch - thank you again.
Tricia
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2015, 10:37 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: I was able to easily install the Resmed Rescan program which I found a link to on the boards here, just do a search for it.

Hi Susan,

First thing after opening ResScan, before selecting the Download button, click on the Open Patient button and select a patient. If no patient exists (or if you want to create a new patient) then select the New Patient button, and you only need to fill in any name and select in the calendar any birth year. The rest of the patient profile can be left blank, if desired.

After creating and saving the patient profile, then download the data.

If the download does not work it will time out after a few minutes. (It does that occasionally on my computer.) Simply close the Download window, again select Download button, and try again. On the rare occasions when a download doesn't work, it will usually work using a new download window.

I have a slow computer and it can take half a minute or so after ResScan SAYS it has finished downloading until ResScan is really finished reading the downloaded data fully into the program. So I don't try to close the Download dialog box until AFTER I am able to use the mouse to move the download dialog box a little by dragging it by it's title bar.

If I am successful in moving the download dialog window, this lets me know that ResScan is now completely ready to close the download dialog box.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [CPAP] Can Anyone Help me figure out what this is? jmperez1013 1 158 03-11-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 330 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.