Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to figure out sleep report
RE: Trying to figure out sleep report

I had a bad night last night - I went off the machine after five hours sleep - I haven't been using the humidifier and posted just yesterday that I'm doing fine without it and don't you know - i think I jinxed myself - I had trouble last night with terrible dryness. I bought some distilled water today and will try the humidifier tonight. Like you, I keep my room cold - 58 degrees - (I'm just north of Boston - temps here have been in the single digits the past week.

I'll keep in touch - thank you again.
Tricia
[/quote]
We all have a bad night now and then , don't let it bother you ! it will happen now and then. Just remember your better off now with cpap than before with out!
take care and it gets better with time!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Vaughn, I shall try that! I did do the patient thing on the first go round, but I couldn't seem to get it to open up, it would just give me another screen to fill out, when I filled it out again, it said "that patient already exists" arrgh. I'll get it eventually.

Tricia,
I am confident we'll both get there! And I expect bad nights mixed with good, are the norm for now. One piece of advice I've heard that I'm trying to stay with, is not to change too many things at once, and upon changing something, leave that change in place for a few days at least, to get a real sense of if the trend it better or worse reflected in the numbers.

My DME (who was fine, if and when one can actually get ahold of them) said that really, anything less than 2 weeks of data means about nothing in them being able to say 'How" we are doing. Having started reading the data that seems apparent.

So I rejoice in tiny improvements...like...that I had only 6 mask events (something that shows in ResScan when I hover over the simple graphs bar) vs 11...this means I took my mask on and off less, and as one who can get up to pee every 45 mins to an hour pre-cpap, this is A.MA.ZING!

I rejoice that the last 4 nights had lower AHI numbers...even if they aren't under 5.0 yet. I SUPER rejoice that I had a straight ...at first, 3 hours with mask on at a time (which means I did not run to the loo for 3 whole hours!) and then it went to four whole, and now I've seen maybe three 5 whole hours strung together! This is beyond excellent to me!

Small things like, not having my eyes water from hours of yawning to where tears would overflow them from the frequency.

Some folk I think, see less dramatic "small things" (if that makes sense) because they weren't aware of suffering that much, ie, they didn't feel that bad before.

That said, I NEVER nodded off in the day, I only recently noticed the choking sensation when I'd choke on a tums I put in my mouth and fell asleep with not disolved. I've not been an all night loud snorer. For me, it was the waking up feeling worse than when I sent to sleep, not wanting to go to sleep because it mean torture, and the constant getting up to pee.

I think the idea of a journal, is helpful. I just downloaded a free app on my phone that is a daily journal type thing with a calendar. I put in there how I feel. I also use the Sleep cycle app which gives me the option of a red white or green smiley face in the a.m. I can cross reference that with the resscan results to see if there a relationship.

I also have come to conclude that there is often a lag in that relationship, tonight might of been "meh" when you woke up, but then you find you were more engaged in life, or more optimistic, or more active that day, in hindsight, and maybe tomorrow you felt even better. I think these things are cumulative to a good degree, but I'm only a newbie, so I could be wrong.

I'm an east coast girl by origin, born and raised in Maryland, dad was from New Hampshire, so I've spent plenty of time up North. Love it. If I lived where you did I could get that 62 degrees in my room honestly, as it is, I have to run A.C to get that cold.

Keep on Truckin! We'll get there Sparkles!
Susan
Still a hosehead baby!

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2015, 07:14 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: Tricia,
I am confident we'll both get there! And I expect bad nights mixed with good, are the norm for now. One piece of advice I've heard that I'm trying to stay with, is not to change too many things at once, and upon changing something, leave that change in place for a few days at least, to get a real sense of if the trend it better or worse reflected in the numbers.

So I rejoice in tiny improvements...like...that I had only 6 mask events (something that shows in ResScan when I hover over the simple graphs bar) vs 11...this means I took my mask on and off less, and as one who can get up to pee every 45 mins to an hour pre-cpap, this is A.MA.ZING!

You are completely right! Normally I am a very optimistic person and nothing gets me down. This hit me pretty hard - still not sure why but I'm thinking it was because I was in denial and now, in the fact of hard cold facts, that denial is not going away without kicking and screaming!

Some folk I think, see less dramatic "small things" (if that makes sense) because they weren't aware of suffering that much, ie, they didn't feel that bad before.

I am noticing a couple of "REALLY" small things - around 4pm the last couple of days I felt unusually awake. Today I experienced for the first time lying down without it turning into a nap - that was really weird.

I think the idea of a journal, is helpful. I just downloaded a free app on my phone that is a daily journal type thing with a calendar. I put in there how I feel. I also use the Sleep cycle app which gives me the option of a red white or green smiley face in the a.m. I can cross reference that with the resscan results to see if there a relationship.

I like the idea of the sleep cycle app - I'm going to check that out!

I also have come to conclude that there is often a lag in that relationship, tonight might of been "meh" when you woke up, but then you find you were more engaged in life, or more optimistic, or more active that day, in hindsight, and maybe tomorrow you felt even better. I think these things are cumulative to a good degree, but I'm only a newbie, so I could be wrong.

No I think you are right - that is part of the reason why I'm journaling. I want to mark down those occasions when I notice something different - I have a follow up dr. appt on Feb 19th. I want to be able to have something definitive to show him as well.

I'm an east coast girl by origin, born and raised in Maryland, dad was from New Hampshire, so I've spent plenty of time up North. Love it. If I lived where you did I could get that 62 degrees in my room honestly, as it is, I have to run A.C to get that cold.

It's a small world and getting smaller everyday! Its in the 50's here today and tomorrow - watching the Pats playoff game now - its raining out; thankful that it isn't snow! But I come home this afternoon from bowling and lunch earlier today and the house was 50 degrees - I needed to reset the button on the furnace - Now THAT was too cold lol

Thanks for your response - please do keep in touch and I'll do the same!
[/color]

Keep on Truckin! We'll get there Sparkles!
Susan
Still a hosehead baby!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [CPAP] Can Anyone Help me figure out what this is? jmperez1013 1 160 03-11-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 171 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 331 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 176 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,452 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.