Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to find the right settings
RE: Trying to find the right settings
Pics 1,2,4 are definite arrousals. # has some fairly insignificant flow limits, as do the others. The 95% FL Stat says you should be using EPR=3, fulltime

so EPR=3, fulltime
Max Pressure 20 (or 18) just bump it up some.
I wouldn't touch min Press until you see the results of EPR=3.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2022, 04:05 PM)Gideon Wrote: Pics 1,2,4 are definite arrousals.  # has some fairly insignificant flow limits, as do the others.  The 95% FL Stat says you should be using EPR=3, fulltime

so EPR=3, fulltime
Max Pressure 20 (or 18) just bump it up some.
I wouldn't touch min Press until you see the results of EPR=3.

Sounds good, thank you.  I wanted to note I tried 15-17cm with 3 EPR for 2 weeks last month and didnt really have any differences.  Ive attached a few screenshots.  But ive never bumped up the max pressure Im anxious to try this.  Will post the results tomorrow morning.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
So here is last night.  I remember waking up 4-5 times which is a small improvement.  The first little part was me trying to get the mask situated. I had to get up once for bathroom trip.  The first half of the night was pretty good and the second part after the bathroom trip was better than my average night.  I see the flow limits went down a little.  I guess keep these settings for a little while and see how I feel?  Still wondering if I need more pressure support or if the APAP is the endgame.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the details from the weekend.  Saturday and last night were awful although they look different in OSCAR.  I had 10+ awakenings both nights and last night was one of the worst Ive had in a while.  I really dont know the answer, if the CPAP is actually helping or if I need another machine (BIPAP, ASV).  I woke up several times with my heart pounding.  However, I never have any issue falling back asleep.  I wake up for a few seconds, process that Im awake and then head hits the pillow then Im out.  Does anyone see anything or where I can go from here?

The doctor wants to change my sleeping med again and ordered an overnight oximetry test. She sees my AHI and 100% CPAP compliance and says the CPAP is working just fine and looks great, however my sleep is still terrible. 9 months in and I havent had one positive night that ive woken up and felt any better.

Post Reply Post Reply
Without question IMHO your night is better with EPR = 3, fulltime. Keep that there.

Increase your max to 20, at least for now, just to give your algorithms room to work.
Increase your Min Pressure by 1. You may need to repeat this step. keep it there for 3 nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are screenshots using 15-20 with 3 EPR this week then using 16-20 3 EPR last night.  Not too much difference in sleep quality and the way i feel during the day.  I see the pressure spiked to near max last night, but mostly held steady after.  Should I stay on the 16-20 for a few more days and see how I feel?  This was my first night with these settings after I waited 3 days.

Here are the screenshots from 15-20 just to separate everything.  Showing the overall and a close up of normal flow rate then some irregularities

Post Reply Post Reply
Heres a snapshot of the weekend.  Overall not much change in ways of how I feel and sleep.  My fitbit tracked more deep sleep Friday night and I know I was out for a little bit the first half of the night and I believe thats why my AHI was higher than normal with more OAs.  The first set of pics shows the overview of each night.  Should I increase IPAP to 17 or keep as is?

Post Reply Post Reply
The next set of pictures are different moments from each night showing variations in flow rate and what the normal was.

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was absolutely horrible (I would say 10 awakenings and possibly more) and not surprising the pressure didnt really fluctuate a lot because I never felt like I was asleep for very long.  Does anyone see anything or can suggest where to go next?

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep has gradually gotten worse. Some could be the random fireworks in the middle of the night but still many awakenings. Should I increased IPAP to 17 and see where it goes or would I need to see about a bipap or something else?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 196 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 444 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,214 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 328 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Was sick for a while and didn't use my PAP machine for about two weeks. Now I find my JonZ333 1 330 01-16-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Will lofta help me find the right pressures? Swsch2985 6 456 12-30-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.