Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to get OSCAR to work with my DreamStation [for work-around, see post #9]
Trying to get OSCAR to work with my DreamStation [for work-around, see post #9]
Hello all,  Reading the Wiki on this forum regarding OSCAR, I see that the Respironics DreamStation is a supported machine.  I am having a difficult time getting it to work.  When I downloaded my sd card into the freshly installed OSCAR (latest version) program, I got only a very limited amount of information -- so limited that it would not really be helpful at all.  I have not previously used Sleepyhead (or OSCAR) because my previous machine (PR System One) was not supported but I was hoping the DreamStation would be readable with OSCAR on my Windows 10, 64 bit machine.  Is there something different I should be looking at or doing?  Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying to get OSCAR to work with my DreamStation
Gulfstream,

Thanks for reposting your question here.  I'm not too knowledgeable about the Dreamstation series, but others here will be.

I do have some questions:
  • Exactly which Dreamstation do you have?  What is its full name?
  • What was the full name of your previous PR System One machine?  (Some versions were supported, but not all.)
  • Can you repost the first screen image, but larger?  This one is so small that I cannot read it.
  • How long have you been using this machine?
  • Have you had an SD card in the machine for as long as you have been using it?  If so, was the SD card unlocked (slide switch on edge of card)?
  • Are the screen shots all showing data from your new machine, or is it a mix from the new and old machines?
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2019, 04:06 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Gulfstream,

Thanks for reposting your question here.  I'm not too knowledgeable about the Dreamstation series, but others here will be.

I do have some questions:
  • Exactly which Dreamstation do you have?  What is its full name?
  • What was the full name of your previous PR System One machine?  (Some versions were supported, but not all.)
  • Can you repost the first screen image, but larger?  This one is so small that I cannot read it.
  • How long have you been using this machine?
  • Have you had an SD card in the machine for as long as you have been using it?  If so, was the SD card unlocked (slide switch on edge of card)?
  • Are the screen shots all showing data from your new machine, or is it a mix from the new and old machines?
Thanks!

Hello GuyScharf,  Thanks for the response. To your questions (which I should have included in my first post):
  • I have the DreamStation BiPap Auto SV H/C, DS
  • Previously my machine was Respironics Sys One BiPap AutoSV 950P Model
  • Repost of picture 1 (I hope!) below (Sorry! I have not posted many pictures before so I probably could have done better)
  • Using this machine almost exactly 1 year
  • Sd card installed for the entire time
  • All screenshots are from the new DreamStation
Thank You again for the assistance!

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2019, 06:58 PM)Gulfstream Wrote: Hello GuyScharf,  Thanks for the response. To your questions (which I should have included in my first post):

Interesting, I don't know whether we have any sample data for that particular model of DreamStation. Do you know its model number? We do have sample data for the DreamStation BiPAP autoSV, but I'm not familiar with the "H/C, DS" designation. (You can look in the "PROP.TXT" file on your SD card for the model number, look for the line starting "MN=".)

The "support" for DreamStations that we inherited is, shall we say, preliminary. It's also not well tested, so it's unclear how reliably it works for any of the DreamStation models: it might work, it might not, we don't yet know for sure. It definitely doesn't work for my machine right now either.

I'm in the process of cleaning up import code so that it can be validated and then updated to reliably handle newer machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Hoping you might review my last post (Today) concerning OSCAR and Dreamstation to see if we are experiencing similar circumstances. Also hoping if you discover info about this that you might give me a shout as I will to you.

From what I see in your screenshots OSCAR is working better for me.

Best of luck, Gary
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2019, 09:05 PM)sawinglogz Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 06:58 PM)Gulfstream Wrote: Hello GuyScharf,  Thanks for the response. To your questions (which I should have included in my first post):

Interesting, I don't know whether we have any sample data for that particular model of DreamStation. Do you know its model number? We do have sample data for the DreamStation BiPAP autoSV, but I'm not familiar with the "H/C, DS" designation. (You can look in the "PROP.TXT" file on your SD card for the model number, look for the line starting "MN=".)

The "support" for DreamStations that we inherited is, shall we say, preliminary. It's also not well tested, so it's unclear how reliably it works for any of the DreamStation models: it might work, it might not, we don't yet know for sure. It definitely doesn't work for my machine right now either.

I'm in the process of cleaning up import code so that it can be validated and then updated to reliably handle newer machines.

Hello sawinglogz, Thanks for the reply. 

My model number as requested from the sd card: MN=900X110.   On the bottom of my machine: DSX900H11C

I hope that, at some point, this machine might be fully supported and I thank you and all of the others working to that end!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2019, 08:55 AM)3rdMarDiv Wrote: Hi Hoping you might review my last post (Today) concerning OSCAR and Dreamstation to see if we are experiencing similar circumstances. Also hoping if you discover info about this that you might give me a shout as I will to you.

From what I see in your screenshots OSCAR is working better for me.

Best of luck, Gary

Hi Gary, Looking at your post it would seem our problems are similar as there are many areas of blank and questionable data fields.  So, yes, I will be happy to let you know when/if there is a solution and I appreciate your offer to do the same!

Good luck to you as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2019, 10:29 AM)Gulfstream Wrote: My model number as requested from the sd card: MN=900X110.   On the bottom of my machine: DSX900H11C

Thank you! We have sample data for that model, so we're on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had this problem with my Dreamstation autoSV. I think it was the OptiStart setting. When I turned it on I got limited data; when I turned it back off I got all the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2019, 10:20 AM)b.e.wilson Wrote: I had this problem with my Dreamstation autoSV. I think it was the OptiStart setting. When I turned it on I got limited data; when I turned it back off I got all the data.

That's interesting. It raises the questions "Does that change what the Dreamstation records on the SD card?" and "Does that change how OSCAR processes the data?".

We may need some autoSV owners to do some controlled testing; I doubt that we have enough data sets to test this.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR and DreamStation 2 sallym 11 591 Yesterday, 01:20 AM
Last Post: sallym
Sad Oscar 1.5.1 Doesn't work on Somoma 14.3.1 biyahero 9 389 02-28-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: biyahero
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 609 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,494 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 733 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,600 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,467 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.