Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to get OSCAR to work with my DreamStation [for work-around, see post #9]
RE: Trying to get OSCAR to work with my DreamStation
Okay,

I have disabled Opti-Start and will report back with my results in a couple of days.  Thanks for the replies, and the suggestion!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2019, 10:38 AM)pholynyk Wrote: That's interesting. It raises the questions "Does that change what the Dreamstation records on the SD card?" and "Does that change how OSCAR processes the data?".

Tried to find the answer to the first question by examining file sizes, and they looked the same. I also loaded my data into EncorePro2, but only the most recent day loaded the breath-by-breath data, not all past full data sets, so I couldn't tell.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the DreamStation BiPap Auto SV Advanced 900 xxx  And Using Oscar  1 .0.1.-R-1 and never had  Opti-Start on  

It Seems to be working great for me   Tho 
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2019, 10:20 AM)b.e.wilson Wrote: I had this problem with my Dreamstation autoSV. I think it was the OptiStart setting. When I turned it on I got limited data; when I turned it back off I got all the data.

Thanks b.e.wilson, This seems to have solved my problem!  Two days after disabling OptiStart it appears that I have all fields and graphs populated with data.  Of course it is data that I do not fully understand but I will have spend time learning the program.  Thanks to all who have responded!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying to get OSCAR to work with my DreamStation [for work-around, see post #9]
DreamStation BiPap Auto SV Advanced 900 xxx And Using Oscar 1 .0.1.-R-1 and Opti-Start Turned on
Very little data shows up in Oscar and my Ahi show as zero due to limited data

my Readings in dreamapper shows 1.8 before i turned Opti-Start on and the last 2 sessions have been 0.8 and 0.7 So Opti-Start is doing something right

Looking like a tweak is needed on Oscar to Get it to work correctly with Opti-Start on and the DreamStation BiPap Auto SV Advanced 900 xxx units

Oscar did read the Data correctly before i tuned on opti-start
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying to get OSCAR to work with my DreamStation [for work-around, see post #9]
(05-10-2019, 04:33 PM)britincanada Wrote: DreamStation BiPap Auto SV Advanced 900 xxx  And Using Oscar  1 .0.1.-R-1 and    Opti-Start Turned on  
 Very little data shows up in  Oscar and my Ahi show as  zero due to limited data  

my Readings in dreamapper shows 1.8  before i turned  Opti-Start  on  and the last 2 sessions have been 0.8 and 0.7   So  Opti-Start is doing something right  

Looking like a tweak is needed on Oscar to Get it to work correctly with   Opti-Start on and the DreamStation BiPap Auto SV Advanced 900 xxx  units

Oscar did read the Data correctly before i tuned on opti-start

britincanada, It does make me wonder what is the purpose/advantage of OptiStart.  I will monitor my AHI (which was very slightly higher during this test) for a period of time.  Of course, if notice a consistently higher AHI, I will resume using OptiStart.  I just wish that OSCAR could be made to work without a work-around that eliminates a, possibly, useful or necessary option.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems encore pro only give full data for the most recent day. You have to download every day to get full plots. Its only ever given me last night's full data. Once you download it you'll have it forever though. At least that's what I'm able to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2019, 02:27 PM)Gulfstream Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 10:20 AM)b.e.wilson Wrote: I had this problem with my Dreamstation autoSV. I think it was the OptiStart setting. When I turned it on I got limited data; when I turned it back off I got all the data.

Thanks b.e.wilson, This seems to have solved my problem!  Two days after disabling OptiStart it appears that I have all fields and graphs populated with data.  Of course it is data that I do not fully understand but I will have spend time learning the program.  Thanks to all who have responded!!

Good to hear you are up and running. I have not had problems since I began loading my data daily. Some of my past data may have been corrupted or one of the programmers made some tweaks to OSCAR? 

As far as learning more about OSCAR, I went to freecpapadvice.com (free cpap advice) and most of my questions were answered.

Gary
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You, Gary, I am now also searching for info on freecpapadvice.com.  Glad to find another information source!  
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a similar problem. I uninstalled Oscar, deleted the Oscar folders, then reinstalled.

Worked like a charm.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR and DreamStation 2 sallym 11 869 03-28-2024, 01:20 AM
Last Post: sallym
Sad Oscar 1.5.1 Doesn't work on Somoma 14.3.1 biyahero 9 449 02-28-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: biyahero
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 661 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,554 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 783 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,662 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,532 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.