Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Quick switch from Dreamstation to Resmed Autoset
Quick switch from Dreamstation to Resmed Autoset
Yikes, I just heard about this Philips recall a week ago! My CPAP therapy has been going very well so I have not been following this forum much compared to a few years ago.  Then my wife hears from her brother-in-law about the recall which he knew about for over 6 months but never mentioned to me... Grrrr!  

I kept my Philips System One as a backup and boat machine but I quickly discover it is also affected by the recall.  I disassemble it and remove the foam which is easy for the System One (certainly easier than adding memory to the Mac Mini I am using right now I can say) but... was not satisfied with the results - its too noisy and it lacks a heated hose. Grrr!

I need to get this resolved quickly since treating Apnea properly is much more important now than it was just two years ago because I have been experiencing paroxysmal Afib in the last year and sleep apnea is a definite trigger for this. (I wish there was as good a forum as this for that condition)

I decide to switch to a Resmed Autoset 10 but they seem hard to find, every online source seems out of stock. They want you to place an order but promise 8-12 weeks delivery.  Found one online supplier here in Canada that had them in stock and they shipped it out the same day. He didn't even ask for my prescription (I had it ready to email to him) -   Smile

A quick request for a clinician manual from this site and I copy my settings from the Dreamstation, Auto 7.0 to 11.0, no ramp, flex level 2. From the first night the thing works great  Okay super quiet and better numbers than I was getting with the Philips. Seeing AHI 0.4 - 0.6 vs about 1.5 - 2.5 with Dreamstation.  Just one thing puzzled me, it was making me go back into clinician mode in the morning to see my AHI. That was going to be my only question in this post but I figured it out yesterday that you just need to set the 'Essentials' setting to 'Plus' instead of 'On' and there it is.

One thing that puzzled me is the connectivity feature. It didn't use bluetooth or wifi but instead says it uses the Telus cellular network. I entered the serial number into Resmed's myAir app and voila, it is sending data to the Resmed site and app each morning... but I didn't need a SIM card or a data plan for it? So who is paying for it?  Perhaps the price of the machine includes some contract with Telus.  Anyway, who cares, it is the Oscar app I rely on not myAir and it reads the SD card fine.

End result, expensive fix but  like

Sorry to be so long winded and not ask any questions but it is my once in 5 year post.

(... and as I type this the doorbell rings and Amazon delivers the heated hose which was not included with the machine)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 101 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 470 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.