Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to get the API key to export my data
Trying to get the API key to export my data
I have a desire to get my data from the API.   I've reached out to the CISO at ResMed and he said to contact my provider for the device.   We've been trying to get them on the phone to let us get the API key.    I want my data.   I want to be able to be in control of getting my data into my own platform that monitors other things (like food intake, other wearables like Garmin smart watch, etc).    I've read some of the other threads about this, not sure if anyone has had success getting the API key from them, and is there any documentation on the API?   (like swagger docs?)?    ResMed's website is a run around and a lot of their support pages dead end.   Probably for the reason they don't want to really talk to consumers.

David
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying to get the API key to export my data
David, I'm not sure which API you want, but all the data ResMed collects is saved on the SD card - if it is in the machine while you sleep.

There is a door at the upper left corner of the machine.

The data can be read and displayed by OSCAR, which you can download from the link in the black bar at the top of each page here.

There are Wiki pages here about the installation and use of OSCAR.

You will find many examples of the data displayed here in other people's psots.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you: I don't want to pull the card out daily. There is an API and I know the folks that I got the machine get the data daily over cellular. I want to grant API access for the data to a cloud platform that has some of the other data from my wearables and tie the two together. If I have to pull the card and upload data, I won't do it. It has a cellular modem, so it should be able to do data transfer just like the My Air app and I guess "AirView" has the data, so they should let it yank my data they have. Trying to figure out how to get that done.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck.  To Pholynyk's point, the SD card provides the greatest dataset, to my knowledge, well beyond the feed the cell exports. Your best bet is to look at the data the SD card provides, and perhaps leverage Oscar as well.  I'm not so sure any DME Mfr is going to enable an end user with the kind of access you are seeking.  However, if you have the skill, the sky certainly is the limit, but again I would not expect much of any help from Resmed.

I would suggest that perhaps your provider who is registered for the cell feed might be helpful. First, I'd ask them to see what datapoints they actually receive. And then, if it's as complete as you need, perhaps they can share that feed in some manner. However, I'm sure there is only one acct registered to each machine, and I doubt they will transfer access to you, from them?

Sounds like a challenging endeavor.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only way I know to get AirView is to become medical professional and then subscribe to the AirView service.

I'm biased but OSCAR is the better choice anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
And even if you had AirView, you would not have access to the high resolution flow data. ResMed machines don't transmit that data over the cellular connection. The only way to get that data is from the SD card.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon,

Thanks for the info.   As I'd mentioned on another thread:  I'm using an application called "Health Explorer".   https://he.uprove.me.   It takes data from my Garmin Smart Watch via an API from their app.  I get pulse Ox, Heart Rate, exercise data, etc from the Garmin app, and then they tie into Alexa where I can tell Alexa what I've eaten, etc.   They were able to detect Afib in one of my friends from the Garmin watch and it saved his life.   What my interest in finding a way to get an API is that whether it's OSCAR (which I LOVE) or AirView:  We'd like to be able to get time stamped data over to their platform so that they can tie in the other wearables to the system so that I can look at events, and what my heart rate was doing whether my sleeping ripple was off, if the Pulse OX was off, or if it was mask leak going on.   If OSCAR is by far the best software, I guess I'd be willing to put my card in the computer each week, but I wish there was a way to export data via an API like Garmin does so that all the data from the wearables and the CPAP could sync together.   Any chance there could be a feature for API integration with OSCAR?    I put the link to Health Explorer above in case you want to check it out, I'd be happy to put the developers of Health Explorer together with OSCAR folks in case there could be a collaboration that could benefit more people.
Post Reply Post Reply
To be clear, OSCAR will not read the cellular data transmitted to ResMed or other manufactures. OSCAR will not ever wiretap this signal. Access via WiFi or BT is possible if we understand the required parameters to both send and receive these communications.

Because the resolution of data stored on the SD card is higher than that stored in the machine OSCAR will continue to read the SD cards for the foreseeable future.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.   What I'm wondering then:  If I put the SD card in, and read it with OSCAR, is there a way to request a feature to export that data via a RESTful API through OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope. The restful APIs require a web server and at least a local network connection. OSCAR has neither.

OSCAR will export csv files at various levels of detail, not through an API; it's entirely keyboard/mouse driven.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 726 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  Export from OSCAR to SD card? taylorgtr 2 461 11-03-2022, 09:55 AM
Last Post: taylorgtr
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 801 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  [CPAP] Glossary for OSCAR export fields dkopper 2 958 05-31-2020, 05:15 PM
Last Post: dkopper
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,284 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.