Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to get the API key to export my data
RE: Trying to get the API key to export my data
I appreciate the response.  So, I think what I need to do is ask the developers to accept the CSV upload and then put the data into their app.   Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Post Reply Post Reply
A couple of facts:

1. While your ResMed machine is operating, it records a log of what it is measuring and what it is doing. This is time-series data -- x-axis is time. It is a very detailed log, and it is ONLY written on the SD card in real time, in a directory DATALOG with a subdirectory with the date in YYYYMMDD form as the name. If the SD card isn't in the machine, or it's write-protected, or it has failed, then the data is simply lost.
  2. The machine also calculates some very abbreviated summary data as it runs, which it writes to non-volatile memory in the machine. It periodically copies the summary data out to the card, too, in  a different folder on the  the card. If you sleep without the card, and put the card in the machine later, it copies all of the summary data that it currently has on the machine onto the card.
  3. Your ResMed machine phones home each day, and it transmits only the summary data that it has in non-volatile memory.
  4. Your ResMed machine has a built-in clock, but the clock drifts over time, so the time stamps that it puts on your data are often wrong by some quite large amount. Even though it phones home every day, it doesn't synchronize it's clock with the ResMed servers, because the ResMed engineers are idiot savants.
In other words, you can't get the data in the DATALOG folder and its daily subdirectories from ResMed or from your DME or from your provider because they don't have that data. YOU have possession of the card, and YOU are the only one who has possession of the data. You can take your card to your provider and give it to them, but most providers are jackasses and idiots and completely uninterested in your data, so they won't look at your data, won't make their own copy of the data. The only use that the vast majority of providers have with your data card is that there is a backup copy of the summary data that your machine transmitted to ResMed, and if they have some problem getting the summary data from the ResMed servers then they can get it from the backup on your card.

The thing that you need to understand is that ResMed doesn't give a rat's *** about your DATALOG data. Your DME doesn't give a rat's *** about your DATALOG data. If your provider is interested in your DATALOG data, then your provider is an extraordinary rare bird and you should do whatever you can to keep him or her.

The only API for the DATALOG data that you are going to be able to make use of is to download the source code for OSCAR and read it.

If you want to integrate your garmin data with your DATALOG data, you should contribute some source code and add a garmin data section to OSCAR.

The first thing that you need to understand as a sleep apnea patient is that we are on our own. The only people who care about our data are us.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2021, 12:29 AM)cathyf Wrote: A couple of facts:

If you want to integrate your garmin data with your DATALOG data, you should contribute some source code and add a garmin data section to OSCAR.

The first thing that you need to understand as a sleep apnea patient is that we are on our own. The only people who care about our data are us.

Thank you.   I've been using the ResMed for 6 months now and have hit my head against the wall with ResMed and the HME and my doctor with my requests, thus is why I've found myself here.    The guys writing the Health Explorer app:  3 of them do use a CPAP.   I will ask them to contribute code for integration.   I am merely a user and haven't written code in probably 20 years now.  I am more of a cyber security nerd, so I may be able to contribute in other ways if ever needed.   

I was using a mouth guard that changed my bite for apnea in the past, but I went with ResMed this year because the humidifier feature was attractive for keeping my sinuses clear.    Now that my friends are detecting heart related issues on their data platform, I've been wanting to sync data to correlate issues.   If we figure out how to do this, I definitely will contribute the findings.   The goal is to help more people have better access to what's going on and have early warning systems.
Post Reply Post Reply
If they can put their data into an EDF format, it is good for large amounts of data, and that should be trivial, OSCAR could be setup to read it, EDF browser would be able too anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 726 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,652 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  Export from OSCAR to SD card? taylorgtr 2 461 11-03-2022, 09:55 AM
Last Post: taylorgtr
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 801 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  [CPAP] Glossary for OSCAR export fields dkopper 2 958 05-31-2020, 05:15 PM
Last Post: dkopper
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,285 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.