Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to get used to Wisp nasal mask... please advise
RE: Trying to get used to Wisp nasal mask... please advise
The P10 sounds loud to you?? Can you identify exactly where the sound is coming from?
Post Reply Post Reply
My mouth is taped and the sound is coming from my nose. If I don't position the pillows just right I can't even breath through it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2018, 03:42 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Edited to add:
I also wanted to ask if you find it harder to breathe through a nasal mask than the pillow. I didn't have this problem with the Dreamwear nasal mask.  But with the Wisp, I feel like the air isn't as forcefully coming into my nose, and thus if I'm at all stuffy, it really is more challenging to breathe.  (And no, the end of the mask is not against my nostrils, so it's not blocking it.)

Yes and no, for me.

My nostrils can collapse if I inhale too quickly through my nose. The nasal pillows really help splint open my nostrils with positive air pressure, doing for my nostrils what PAP does for my throat to keep my airways open. And it feels like the pillows power through congestion better. But the medium P10 pillows feel harder to breathe out of than my regular nasal cushion masks.

I really want my P10's to work - great pillows and light weight - but the frame and head gear aren't working for me. I hacked the headgear to make it more secure and adjustable by combining the P10 and Nuance headgear, which revealed another issue: the P10 are made for a slightly upturned nose. So I need to attach the frame higher up on my head than other the original headgear or the hacked head gear can do, or I need to find a way to safely twist the angle of the cushion assembly to the mask frame- which looks like it could break really easily if I mess with it. So, I'm not quite there with the P10 yet.

Have you tried the original Dreamwear nasal cushion? I find it easier on my nose than pillows. It feels like it shouldn't work but it mostly does for me, with less trouble and pressure than nasal pillows. I want pillows to work, and I've tried the Dreamware version with pillows, the P10, Nuance pillows and the Brevida pillows (which is halfway between pillows and the Dreamwear nasal cushion) and so far the original Dreamwear is the most reliable for comfort and fit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2018, 11:47 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: Stom - I've had the same issues with the Wisp as you.  I finally gave up and went back to P10s.

But my teeth are all shifting due to a year and a half of tongue-suck, and now I can't keep my mouth shut at night.  So I'm currently on the quest for a FFM.

ResMed F20... Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2018, 07:10 PM)michael9346 Wrote: My mouth is taped and the sound is coming from my nose. If I don't position the pillows just right I can't even breath through it.

I have a loud sound if the short hose is kinked. If you get symptoms of restricted breathing try a size larger pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks jaswilliams… I will keep my eye on the hose and try the next larger size...Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2018, 07:21 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 11:47 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: Stom - I've had the same issues with the Wisp as you.  I finally gave up and went back to P10s.

But my teeth are all shifting due to a year and a half of tongue-suck, and now I can't keep my mouth shut at night.  So I'm currently on the quest for a FFM.

ResMed F20... Coffee

That's what I'm trying to obtain!  But my DME is giving me a hard time about my insurance. And I can't find the blasted thing on Amazon.  Do you know a cheap place to buy one?

I'm limping by with my Amara View, and the leaks are driving myself and my spouse bonkers!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2018, 02:04 AM)Hydrangea Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 07:21 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:

ResMed F20... Coffee

That's what I'm trying to obtain!  But my DME is giving me a hard time about my insurance. And I can't find the blasted thing on Amazon.  Do you know a cheap place to buy one?

I'm limping by with my Amara View, and the leaks are driving myself and my spouse bonkers!

Not sure of current prices, had not been "shopping" for a bit. OK Supplier #2 has it for $145...maybe Amazon may have them, didn't see it as a unit but the parts...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yikes. That's so pricey. Ugh. I need to find 1) a doctor and 2) a local DME. If I can't do that sooner rather than later, I may resort to that supplier. Thank you.

I'm not finding *all* the parts on Amazon. Still trying!
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome.

Guess these F20s include a "luxury tax" in the price. Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 100 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 181 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,229 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 342 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 486 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.