Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does SD Card Store Machine Settings?
RE: Does SD Card Store Machine Settings?
Could it be tested by taking the card out, change machine settings, and then put the card back in?
If the question is whether the card can force a change in the machine... putting a card with different settings in the machine would show if it reverted back to card settings.

Just a thought. Maybe dumb.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good point, Brazen.

The guy is still claiming the pressure settings changed once he put the card in his new machine. I would be willing to bet his provider did an OTA pressure change that coincided with the card being inserted.  Dont-know
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
If it is updated OTA, has anyone seen their machine light up or something as evidence it is being accessed?
Post Reply Post Reply
OTA sounds more likely.
Or he didn't notice the settings until he put the card in and they had set it at the DME before he picked it up?

My DME and sleep clinic have access to my machine. My machine came set at what the doc rubber stamped (5-15).
Neither has changed settings even after I told the DME I had adjusted them. DME folks don't care enough to fight me or report it. I haven't met with my doc again to tell them. (Appt in a few weeks and will be discussing then)
Post Reply Post Reply
Another possible option to test if it was OTA...
Put the machine into "Airplane Mode" and change the settings.  Then see if removing/inserting the SD card has any effect.  If it was OTA the Dr/DME would not notice the change until the machine was taken out of airplane mode.

I keep mine in airplane mode all the time, but I bought mine out of pocket so I don't need to worry about compliance or anything.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 95 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 248 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 324 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 832 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Help with initial settings for cpap machine jtrops 11 798 11-11-2023, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,189 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Help with machine settings ttwhite1 19 1,308 10-25-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: ttwhite1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.