Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to make sense of OSCAR data - Event times
Trying to make sense of OSCAR data - Event times
I'm looking over my first OSCAR import and am trying to make sense of the data.

One thing that really puzzles me is the times on the charts.

I go to bed around 10:30 to 11:00 PM my local time. I get up around 5:30 the next day. I have not been able to find a time setting anywhere on any menu on my machine. 

The times of some of the events on the graphs seem to be happening after I am already awake and there doesn't seem to be anything at all before midnight every day.

Advice is appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying to make sense of OSCAR data - Event times
The Philips machines do not allow access to the system clock, however you can change the time in Oscar by using the CPAP Clock Drift function in the menu File/Preferences/CPAP. You need to estimate the clock offset plus or minus Hour and Minutes. If you're really OCD, seconds too.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2021, 05:46 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The Philips machines do not allow access to the system clock, however you can change the time in Oscar by using the CPAP Clock Drift function in the menu File/Preferences/CPAP.  You need to estimate the clock offset plus or minus Hour and Minutes.  If you're really OCD, seconds too.

Thanks! Seconds are not that important. I think I have it pretty close now.

Another thing that really has me puzzled is "Large Leak" which varies over some wild and crazy values.

Some days it's 0% while others are 40% or more.

I'm curious because my mask feels like it fits very well. When I do wake up to turn over or get up for a bathroom visit I do not notice a leak at all. There are moments when I might cough or sneeze when I will momentarily move the mask to do so but I cannot imagine this would lead to numbers like this.

I'm also curious how the leak rate compares to the normal "vent" rate of the mask and how that is supposed to be taken into account.

I'm certain there is supposed to be some flow of air out of the front of my mask as it seems to be built that way and seems obvious that CO2 would need an escape.

Thanks again for the helpful advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
We could probably try and interpret your charts with and without leaks. Basically, there are leaks that occur at the mask seal from displacement, and leaks from the mouth which is more common on nasal masks, but can occur when your lower lip falls below the mask on a full face. If it's a problem, you will probably be the first to know, and we have some aids that can help with mask leaks. The mask primer wiki has some ideas. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_Primer
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
By default the leak line in OSCAR is often set to 24l/min (if you have upgraded from sleepyhead) that is not appropriate to a Philips machine, turn off the red leak line or raise it to 75l/min
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 165 Yesterday, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 103 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 377 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 23 1,217 04-11-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 99 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR data interpretation Johand77 8 179 04-10-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Johand77
  [CPAP] OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - Unsupported O2s Francois1963 0 77 04-09-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Francois1963

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.