Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to make sense out of a Flow Rate change
RE: Trying to make sense out of a Flow Rate change
looks like you could give me a good run for the most fragmented sleep award.

I notice your max pressure is lower with the F30. IDK, but wonder if that has something to do with the longer sleep sessions too. congratulations on that, btw, a moral victory!

finally, I'm always impressed with your screenshots. I think you said you use another program to doctor up the pics. is that how you got epap + ps graph in your overview? did you re-title the pressure graph or is it something else?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2019, 04:24 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Would you be in REM at that flow rate segment in question?

Great question, but I don't know...  I must have dosed off.

Grin

Now who's sarcastic, Dave?   like

Okay, I apologize.

Laugh-a-lot
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2019, 04:51 PM)sheepless Wrote: looks like you could give me a good run for the most fragmented sleep award.

I notice your max pressure is lower with the F30.  IDK, but wonder if that has something to do with the longer sleep sessions too.  congratulations on that, btw, a moral victory!  

finally, I'm always impressed with your screenshots.  I think you said you use another program to doctor up the pics.  is that how you got epap + ps graph in your overview?  did you re-title the pressure graph or is it something else?

Max Pressure:
I played around with reducing Max EPAP and Max PS to get my overall therapy Max to 17.  That seems to be my limit with any mask - above that magic number and I suffer with aerophagia and can't get to sleep.  So before the switch to the F30, it was a problem.  And about that time, I decided, enough was enough and played around with the numbers to strike a balance between efficacy and comfort.  It seems to have made a huge difference in me actually looking forward to using my PAP machine.

Another Program:
I use Photoshop Elements to doctor up screen snapshots.  I take the snapshots with Apple's built-in screen snapshot shortcut key-combo, annotate them on Photoshop Elements and then save rather large images but highly compressed as JPG files.  That keeps them under the 700K limit but still able to show lots of detailed data.

EPAP + PS Graph:
I discovered that in Preferences, there was a second waveform with name and label of "Pressure" and details of "Therapy Pressure".  Its default was Overview unchecked.  I turned it on and compared the numbers of what it was reporting with the Daily Statistics and discovered that it was grabbing the EPAP and PS data.  So then I relabeled the name to "EPAP + PS" so I could remember what it was.  The only problem being, whenever I make a change in the Overview graph, its scale goes wonky.  So I have to re-override its scale if I make any changes.  But I like seeing that data in that format.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=16628]

Back with SH, the default Pressure graph reported this data for ASV machines.  Then it intermittently quit reporting it (for me, don't know about others).  Later I discovered that it showed up on the second Pressure graph whenever the default graph didn't. So, I've adopted the second Pressure graph until this issue with ASV machines is resolved.  I believe it is a unique issue to our ASV machines.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=16629]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll have to try that graph edit and see what I see. And I'll allow you that sarcastic comment earlier.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From everything that I’ve researched that second waveform that’s gently rolling is what your waveform should look like
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 772 8 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 59 Today, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 396 Yesterday, 11:51 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 77 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 301 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 227 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 277 04-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.