Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying to see if CPAP is for me
Trying to see if CPAP is for me
I had two sleep studies done, one about 8 years ago and one about 3.   THe one 8 suggested CPAP machine but I dont recall any specifics , I never stuck with it.   3 years ago I did a home one and the doctor said I was borderline.   I tried for a week or so and I did not stick wtih it.

I want to do a new study but will have to wait about two months before seeing another doctor due to travel and my health insurance situation.

I am typically a mouth breather - I snore loudly, I fall asleep on back and I do notice I roll over to sides sometimes.  I also notice when falling asleep my mouth relaxes towards closed which may affect my oxygen levels at night

Initially when I tried CPAP, I tried a mask that covers both my mouth/nose.   Again, it did not help and I  never sleep more than few hours before ripping it off.

Last night I decided to give it a go again with nose pillows.   I have my machine set to autocpap with a range of 7 to 14.   One thing I  noticed about nose pillows is that the pressure actually prevents you from breathing through your mouth , which I dont love.  I kept it on about an hour after falling asleep , woke up and ripped it off.   At around 6am I put it back on slept another hour with it , and then ripped it off again

Looking for advice / suggestions.

I'm in Florida and ever since moving here I feel like I am always in a serious fog, not sure if its allergies, sleep, or another health issue but I need to figure it out
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying to see if CPAP is for me
It would be good to see your data from OSCAR, other than that all I can suggest is to use your system while awake and persist. After you take the mask off just put it back on. For some strange reason, none of us came out of the womb with a mask, and it is strange and odd sensation. Use it while reading, playing games on your phone, watching TV.

Your actual data may suggest another cause that we can correct with altering your settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2019, 09:44 AM)bonjour Wrote: It would be good to see your data from OSCAR, other than that all I can suggest is to use your system while awake and persist.  After you take the mask off just put it back on.  For some strange reason, none of us came out of the womb with a mask, and it is strange and odd sensation.  Use it while reading, playing games on your phone, watching TV.

Your actual data may suggest another cause that we can correct with altering your settings.

Thanks.  So what is the best way to get data?  I have the ResMed Airsense 10 with SD card.   Should I just plug the SD card into a pc.  I downloaded Sleepyhead but have not installed it ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would go with OSCAR, Sleepyhead is no longer being developed, see the banner on top of the page, see my signature for a link on how to organize your data.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.