Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tsundon Therapy Thread
RE: Tsundon Therapy Thread
Thanks OpalRose, will try straight pressure at 8.5 for a couple days.  Out of curiousity - what is the benefit of that vs creating a range? (i.e. 8.5 to 12).

I'm still a beginner but would think utitlising the auto pap feature to self adjust pressure would be useful when needed.  

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, I was thinking that maybe you were sensitive to the pressure changes and the pressure pulses, and that's why you were waking up so much. Probably has nothing to do with it, but worth a try.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you're starting to feel a bit better. It's normal to wake up several times a night, but it's not so normal to get up each time. Could you try just lying in bed and falling back asleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys - really appreciate the feedback, I've changed the min pressure slightly up and capped the max so it's now 8.5 to 11 and Aflex 1.

Below are the oscar snapshots from the last 2 nights on these settings.  Honestly the sleep has been improved, feeling like the sleep is a lot deeper and I can fall asleep quicker, I am still waking up 3-4 times a night.

It does look like there are a lot more event flags, but again I'm not sure how this looks with the overall big picture - any information you can help me glean from this or potential suggestions?  Thank you again so much,

Post Reply Post Reply
You're getting pretty good results by the numbers, and you're sleeping better. So I would say keep using these settings and see how it goes.

I'm still curious whether you could just keep the mask on when you wake up and try going back to sleep right away.

When you post your next chart, you can turn off V2 flags. They don't mean much, and they clutter things up visually.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys, yeah tried just sleeping through the wake ups but I find it difficult going back to sleep knowing I have to use the bathroom, maybe it’s mental but I can’t fully relax otherwise.  

Will stay on these pressures and report back in a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Guys - So I've been sleeping with the higher pressure and to be honest not feeling much difference.  For reference I was in the 6-11 range with C flex 2, now I'm using 9-11 range with A flex 1.  

Earlier I thought the higher pressures were better, but if I'm being honest it's always a mixed bag night to night regardless of the settings.  

Is there any negative side effects to continue sleeping with the higher pressures?  I have noticed I'm a lot more nasally lately but it may just be my allergies.  I've also heard it's best to sleep with the lowest pressure possible to treat your apnea.  

Below is a screen shot of both my old pressure settings, and my new higher pressure settings.  Anything you can glean from the data?  It actually looks like my data is a bit worse on the higher settings.  Appreciate any feedback or tweaks as I'm on this journey to find my optimal pressure settings but it's starting to feel like I'm just spinning my wheels.   Dont-know

Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
The differences seems to me to be within the the normal range of variability. You did have some CAs with the higher pressures, but those are especially variable from one night to another, so it's hard to draw any conclusions there. The higher settings reduced your snores and flow limitations; again, hard to generalize from one pair of charts.

I'm not seeing the lower flex pressure on the pressure graphs, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly how Oscar displays pressure for your machine. You might want to double-check to make sure it's on.

On both charts, the timing of your breaks now suggests to me that you're waking up after your REM-stage sleep, which is common. What isn't common is to get up to pee each time. I think you'd feel better during the day if you could persuade yourself to stay in bed and fall back asleep after these wake-ups.

You might want to limit your intake of liquids for several hours before bed, especially things like coffee or alcohol, which act as mild diuretics. Then when you wake up at night, you can remind yourself that you don't really need to pee. (Or if you do, you might see your doctor to have your prostate checked.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 26 1,004 48 minutes ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 846 Yesterday, 09:53 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 178 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 260 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.