Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tsundon Therapy Thread
Tsundon Therapy Thread
Hi Guys - First ever post and wanted any insight on interpreting OSCAR data?  Mainly looking to see if there is any feedback on setting my min and max value?  Currently it's on 6 to 10 and but I'm till waking up 3-4 times a night, not sure if it's the pressure or something else.  The large mask leaks in the photo below is pretty much when I've woken up and taken off the mask.

I suspect that my pressure settings could be waking me up throughout the night but open to any general feedback to help me sleep better , thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Help - First Post
Welcome! I'm curious: why do you take your mask off when you wake up?

The mask-removals don't appear to come in response to high pressure. In addition, you seem to sleep through many changes in pressure. So I don't think pressures are the culprit in your wake-ups.

How long have you been using a PAP machine? One reason I ask is that I believe your machine is currently under a recall by Philips Respironics. Are you in touch with your clinic about replacing it? If possible, get a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset or an Airsense 11.

You might have a more peaceful night if you raised your minimum to 8 and your maximum to 12. I'm not sure, but it seems you don't have flex turned on. If that's right, give it a try at 2. You might want to see how that feels during the day before you try it at night. It might help to reduce your flow limitations and maybe snores.

When you post your next chart, could you do a couple of things first? Turn of VS2. Those flags are of little value, and they clutter things up. And include all of the left panel, if you can.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow thanks for your reply!  Had no idea my machine was recalled, just submitted my registration for a new one.  I saw it could take up to a year.  

I was diagnosed with severe apnea 10 years ago, but finally started using the machine 2 months ago because my sleep apnea got worse, so I'm new to all this and appreciate any help I can get.

Below is my chart from a week ago, the original clinician pressure setttings was 5-15.  I've been tweaking the pressures the past few days so will try your suggestion and repost tomorrow.  For now, below is a chart from a week ago with your suggested edits, thank you any one who knows how to read these things!  

Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on treating your severe apnea. Better late than never! Do check whether you can get a ResMed machine when you replace the PR machine.

A small formatting point: if you can include the top portion of the left panel, that would be very helpful. I'm not exactly a computer whiz, so I can tell quite what you'd need to do to get everything into one screenshot, but maybe you'll see how.

I hope you sleep well tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why Am I Still Waking Up 3-4 Times a Night?
Hi Guys - Trying to figure out why I'm still waking up 3/4 times a night?  Looking at my OSCAR data I don't see any events happening that actually wake me up, nor do I see any huge increases in pressure or large leaks.  

Below is a normal night for me, the large leaks are pretty much when I wake up as I just fling off the mask and get up to use the bathroom (not because I have to go but because I'm up anyways).  

Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tsundon Therapy Thread
Tsundon,
I have merged your two threads so that your history is in one place.

I believe you would do better with a higher minimum pressure.  Most of your events are
Hypopnea, Flow Limitation, Reras and snores. All these events can disrupt sleep.

I suggest that you raise your minimum pressure to 8cm with a maximum of 14cm.
Set the AFlex setting to 2.

If you are using a ramp setting, turn it off.

Hopefully this change will help with a more comfortable sleep.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!  This is super helfpul and exactly what I was looking for.  So I made the recommended adjustments last night (min 8 - max 12, A flex setting 2, turned off ramp) and to be honest did not sleep very well.  Still woke up about 2-3 times and never felt like I was ever really asleep, like I didn't reach that deep sleep stage.  

Below is my oscar data from last night, I noticed my AHI jumped up to 2.51 and usualy it's always under 2.  Anything that stands out that I can tweak?  Thanks again for everyone's help!

Post Reply Post Reply
That's pretty ugly. Smile

This is what's happening... with your current setting 8-14 CFlex 2, Flow Limitation, Reras and snores went down, but ClearAirway, OB, Hypopnea went up.

It's probably going to be a balancing act, as you need some Flex setting to help with FL, but the same can cause more CA's.  

I don't know why your sleep is so fragmented, but there is a lot going on.

Have you ever tried a straight pressure?  If you want to experiment, use the Auto Mode,
and set minimum 8, and maximum 8.  Try Flex setting of 1.

The reason to keep in Auto mode, is because we will see the Flow Limitations, where in Cpap mode, they won't show up.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello - Thank you for your reply, honestly couldn't be any more grateful.  I adjusted the settings per your recommendation last night (min 8, max 8, kept in auto made, and set A Flex to 1).

Honestly the night wasn't too bad, wasn't sure if it was because I was so tired from the previous but I slept relatively fine.  Surprisingly the pressure felt more comfortable than the previous setting of 8-14 and A flex 2.  Still woke up the usual 2-3 times.  

Below is a post from last night, anything worth noting after doing the straight pressure of 8 experiment? Also would it be helpful switching from A flex to C flex? The A flex is much more comfortable.  Thanks again for the help, really appreciative.

Post Reply Post Reply
You can try both AFlex or CFlex to gauge what feels better.

I think you should stick with the straight pressure mode for a while, but start to increase the pressure a little. Try 8.5 min - 8.5 max. Auto Mode. Try that for a couple days.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 167 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,267 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,210 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.