Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tube In-Line Bacterial/Viral Filter
RE: Tube In-Line Bacterial/Viral Filter
(03-14-2018, 03:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: There are upgraded OEM filters that go by names like hypoallergenic filters.  They are a bit thicker and have more surface area than the thinner standard filters.  I don't recommend the anti-bacterial in line filters.  They become contaminated with moisture and mildew, and can make problems worse than not using them.  Search for Resmed airsense hypoallergenic filter

Excellent advice
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
THANKS to all - you've been very helpful! Hadn't thought about fungal issues, so will not go with an inline filter after all. I am going to look into hypo allergenic filters to replace my originally supplied Resmed CPAP machine filters.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Anita,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have this problem too. Have been using inline filters and the air isn't very clean as can be seen on the filter that turns black after a month. However, when I started to use the heated tube supplied with the Airsense 10, there was no way to fit in the filters. Putting it at the other end doesn't work as it would be against the air flow. SO was searching around for an alternative and saw this thread. Apparently no solution to this.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2018, 10:16 AM)Slimdoll23 Wrote: Yes, I have this problem too. Have been using inline filters and the air isn't very clean as can be seen on the filter that turns black after a month. However, when I started to use the heated tube supplied with the Airsense 10, there was no way to fit in the filters. Putting it at the other end doesn't work as it would be against the air flow. SO was searching around for an alternative and saw this thread. Apparently no solution to this.

Consider the in-line filter becomes colonized with mold or mildew that thrives on the media in a warm humid environment.  The filters may create problems would not occur if simply omitted.  If you're going to use these, I would change weekly.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 179 04-16-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 275 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 158 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 997 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 163 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 176 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 557 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.