Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What makes your curves disappear while the machine is clearly on?
RE: What makes your curves disappear while the machine is clearly on?
Correct, I was saying that this option is inactive in the menu if you try to activate it while having an FFM declared. It only becomes available when you have one of the other masks declared. . . . At least on my S9 model. The accompanying manual states that this option is for the nasal and pillow mask.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2021, 10:50 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Correct, I was saying that this option is inactive in the menu if you try to activate it while having an FFM declared.   It only becomes available when you have one of the other masks declared.   .  .  . At least on my S9 model.   The accompanying manual states that this option is for the nasal and pillow mask.

Hmmm... Doesn't seem to be true for my S9 VPAP Auto. I played with the settings and checked the manual.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is the S9 Autoset.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2021, 09:17 AM)Gideon Wrote: I see three issues
1, the Gap, turn smartstart off and see if that fixes it, It is remotely possible that the SD card wasn't firmly seated and vibrated out of and back into position.
2, the drop in flow rate to mee it looks positional.  There are mild arousal elements in your flowrate as well
3, your flow limits are high

1. I've never seen a gap like that before (and it didn't happen last night.) If it's not reproducible, no reason to believe the "change something and repeat" applies. The SD card vibrating out and back in makes lots of sense, though -- looking at the rest of the data it really looks like nothing happened except that data didn't get logged? Except why would the machine start a new session? And MyAir says 4 mask on/off events. (Myair which I hate with the heat of 1000 suns largely because of its obnoxious judgement that starting a new sleep session is a therapy failure.)

2. I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out the drops in flow rate and whether it's real or an artifact of leaks. One thing that I will say is that my breathing is noticeably shallower while wearing the cervical collar -- it stays very tightly between +15 and -15 with the collar, while without the collar it's more like +25 to -25.

3. For all going-on-7-years I've been on CPAP, "no flow limits" means "awake" and "asleep" means pretty much continuous significant flow limits. The only time that the machine doesn't calculate flow limits while I'm asleep is if I'm having an apnea or if the flow rate curve is so turbulent that the machine can't make out a shape at all. The cervical collar eliminates the chin tucking which creates the bursts of ridiculous flow limits, but the background of "asleep=flowLimit" is still there.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full face mask makes mouth breathing possible? BonkerHonker 1 540 11-22-2023, 07:11 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 905 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,172 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. sanger 110 145,263 10-13-2023, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What Makes This Period of Time an Hypopnea Event? Trevor G 1 414 07-23-2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  What AirCurve 10 ASV adjustment makes it easier to exhale against pressure? DevinJones 12 1,229 05-12-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,793 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.