Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lansinoh---Does it Damage mask insert?
RE: Lansinoh---Does it Damage mask insert?
(02-13-2018, 02:39 PM)Madcat207 Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 02:32 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 02:22 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Aleep2Snore, You got it right. Look at Amazon for it.

This might be a stupid question, why do you need it for your nose then?   Dont-know
Despite the original application, the cream is excellent at treating and soothing skin irritation, which can easily happen with nasal pillows (even with the softest gel pillows, our noses weren't made to have something rubbing them all night. ;Wink

Thanks for that, i have rarely had any bother, but I will look for a tube just in case I get some trouble or start breast feeding Big Grin
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2018, 09:53 AM)Snorzz Wrote: I really need to use the HPA Lansinoh inside my right nostril----nothing else does the job.  My provider said not use it, might damage mask, and told me to get oxygen users cream (which didn't help, even irritated nostril further).

But I'm sure I have seen somewhere on this Forum (forgot where) people openly discussing using Lansinoh on their noses.  Is Lansinoh OK?

Getting back to Snorzz’s question.

Snorzz,
Regardless that Lansinoh cream was manufactured to be used for mothers who breastfeed, the product is an excellent healing cream and safe to be used on your nostrils. Also, this product will not harm your mask parts.

What you need to avoid are petroleum based products, as they are known to break down the silicone parts of a mask. Hope that helps.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder why people recommend Lansinoh instead of lanolin? It's cheaper to buy it without all of the branding/marketing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2018, 03:01 PM)kiwii Wrote: I wonder why people recommend Lansinoh instead of lanolin? It's cheaper to buy it without all of the branding/marketing.

If you read about it that is the ingredient.

Grab a sheep and rub your nose with it.   Dielaughing
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought my tube of Lansinoh at Walmart in the babies and mothers section.  Kind of embarrassing, but it works for me.  Broken nose years ago & cartilage juts out  in right nostril, pillows irritate it, Lansinoh seems to toughen up that nostril.  Pure Lanolin is very stiff, hard to apply, very sticky for a couple of hours, takes an hour or two for skin to soften it, smells a little bad.  The Lansinoh is lanolin, but they have mixed something in there to make it spreadable and it doesn't stink.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is also pure lanolin in a liquid form, if anyone seeing this thread is interested. I bought mine in the natural personal care section of the grocery store. (btw, Lansinoh used to be a sticky, stinky mess too before they changed to "HPA Lanolin")
Post Reply Post Reply
I use 100% lanolin when necessary. It's of a soft wax consistency, amber colored. It does smell. It does smell. There are zero additives. Paid 12 bucks for it at a shop that sells organic foods and herbal stuff I don't care anything about. The essential oils section is huge which I do like. Anyhow, the lanolin is an old old remedy for all sorts of skin ailments. It's gene ally safe for all uses. There are many information websites devoted to the uses of lanolin. I like the stuff.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2018, 02:12 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: I had not heard of it so I looked it up and all I fond here was a cream for breast feeding mothers?   Thinking-about 

Someone give me a link to it please. Dont-know

Yes, you get it in the breastfeeding department at Walmart. It's for sore nipples. Just look up Lansinoh.

It's lanolin. Lana=Latin for "fleece". From sheep. It smells like sheep. The lovely woolly kind. The natural oils of that lovely wool. If you've ever owned an Aran (Scottish fisherman) sweater, that's the smell.

I use it on my nostrils before I go to sleep to keep them from itching in the night and causing me to throw my mask off in wild abandon.

It also smells like the dubbins we used to put on leather ski boots to keep them waterproof.

Altogether, an adventuresome, days of yore, kind of goop.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damage with canned air (lapse of Judgment) jmordoj 1 418 07-03-2023, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,531 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Theory of Permanent Damage to Brain / Fatigue cmpman1974 2 692 03-14-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Kuutar
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,219 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,758 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Sleep Apnea Damage Reversible? Zoltyzolt 7 1,020 09-01-2021, 11:47 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Is the brain damage produced by Sleep Apnea over the years permanent? planetf1 11 2,117 04-01-2021, 07:51 PM
Last Post: RayBee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.