Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

"Tube setting" on Aircurve VAuto?
"Tube setting" on Aircurve VAuto?
I did try to search, but couldn't quite find the answer.

I just exchanged my Bipap for a different one to see if it solved the humidity mess problem.

When I was copying the settings before I turned the old one in, I saw a section where it was set to "Slimline" and there was a "Standard" and one other choice.  

I use a Climateline heated hose - when you plug this in, does it automatically override the "tube settings"?  Because it is definitely not a slimline hose.

Thanks for any information!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "Tube setting" on Aircurve VAuto?
Yes it sets automatically.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Correct, once the hose is plugged in, the machine locks in ClimateLine Heated Hose.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's what I thought, but just wanted to check - thanks so much!

I hope by some miracle the humidity on this new machine works a little better.  I even set up a room humidifier and got the humidity near 40, and on the previous one, it still emptied 2 bins in 8 hours and there seemed to be no humidity at all - nose dry and closed down and hard to breathe. Auto never worked, and Manual 7-8 produced pretty much zero humidity to my nose.  Ugh - this machine has 5% more humidity built into it and can't produce 1/10 of what the S9 Auto did......

Well, I'm hoping for a better night tonight - there's always a chance, right?
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome and best wishes on therapy success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bluemom51,
I hope the new machine works out better for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 150 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 554 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 205 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.