Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tubing does not fit new mask
Tubing does not fit new mask
Just got a new style mask at DME office today and went just now to put it on tube.

Well nice. The tube end and this new mask are different--do not mate. The tube end has a piece that "snapped onto" both of my previous masks, and would swivel/rotate. This new one--a Resmed AirFit F10--has a smooth press on, friction attachment.

So, no PAP tonight.

I cannot believe that tubing and mask connectors are not standard ESPECIALLY WHEN MASK AND TUBE ARE FROM SAME COMPANY. And that DME didn't catch it since they gave me the previous mask as well (you know, the one with a different style tube corrector)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tubing does not fit new mask
The F10 comes with a short tube that connects to the mask and to your regular Slimline or Climateline hose. If you did not get that, you got a defective package.

Edit... Reading your post again, it sounds like you have an extra hose already attached to your Slimline or Climateline hose. That gets removed from where it attaches to the main hose, then you connect the new one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2014, 07:15 PM)retired_guy Wrote: The F10 comes with a short tube that connects to the mask and to your regular Slimline or Climateline hose. If you did not get that, you got a defective package.

Nothing like that in there, but don't think it was a defective package. the DME tech took the mask out of the bag and and checked fit on me while I was there, connecting up to a Respironics CPAP. Guess she just didn't pack it all back in. She showed me the paperwork and two 'sleeves' that can optionally put on the 'arms'. Never mentioned anything else.

It is about 40 mile round trip for me to go there. Not happy.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2014, 07:15 PM)retired_guy Wrote: ...Edit... Reading your post again, it sounds like you have an extra hose already attached to your Slimline or Climateline hose. That gets removed from where it attaches to the main hose, then you connect the new one.

The hose goes into ONE end piece. The hose plastic first encounters a softer rubbery part of the connector that appears to be identical to the machine end. But there is a hard plastic part that extends from that, so there is no "extra hose"....

WAIT...OK it was not obvious, but that hard plastic part, with considerable effort. I just was able to remove from the soft rubbery part, and now have an end that will attach to the new mask.

SOLVED. Thanks for your comments--led me to finding this--I thought that end was all one part.

Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you got it... Enjoy your new mask!
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you mean you had part of the old mask still attached to the hose? That happens a lot. A lot of people also lose that hard plastic part when they change hoses and can't figure out why the new hose doesn't fit their mask any more.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
You figured it out but for those who read this let's pull it out explicitly:

Some masks come with a short "mating" or adapter fitting that can transfer from the mask (or it's pigtail hose) to the MACHINE HOSE.

This adapter can transfer to the machine hose making it appear that the NEXT mask won't fit.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Or, like my old mask, the snap-in comes off before coming off the tube. So I end of with an extra loose piece that I then must remove from my climateline hose. The P10 (FFM) fit onto my climateline hose with no issues.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2014, 07:32 PM)jcarerra Wrote:
(09-17-2014, 07:15 PM)retired_guy Wrote: ...Edit... Reading your post again, it sounds like you have an extra hose already attached to your Slimline or Climateline hose. That gets removed from where it attaches to the main hose, then you connect the new one.

The hose goes into ONE end piece. The hose plastic first encounters a softer rubbery part of the connector that appears to be identical to the machine end. But there is a hard plastic part that extends from that, so there is no "extra hose"....

WAIT...OK it was not obvious, but that hard plastic part, with considerable effort. I just was able to remove from the soft rubbery part, and now have an end that will attach to the new mask.

SOLVED. Thanks for your comments--led me to finding this--I thought that end was all one part.
Don't feel so bad, I had the same problem when swapping from a PR Wisp Nasal Mask to a FP Pilairo Pillows mask...took a phone call to my supplier to put me straight too!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know whether that little adapter piece (or whatever you want to call it) is considered part of the mask or part of the hose; it doesn't really matter.

In my case, from day one, when I disconnected the hose from the Quattro FX mask, I had the tubing in my left hand and the mask in my right. The little adapter was still in the tubing and, at that time, I did not know that it was an adapter--I thought the tubing had one type of connector on the machine end and a different connector on the mask end.

I much prefer the arrangement that uses the adapter--it is a quick connect operation and also is free to rotate. Who knows why they do some masks one way and some the other way.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 756 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 623 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 546 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,076 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.