Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tubing; hose buddy; and get the tube outta my face!
Tubing; hose buddy; and get the tube outta my face!
Need to ask my next question: Any tips on not getting tangled in the hose? I do have the hose buddy; originally had it to my side but the last few nights it's been up by my headboard. I still get tangled as I switch from side to side. It gets around my neck when the hose buddy is at my headboard.

Help?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tubing; hose buddy; and get the tube outta my face!
You are allowing to much hose on your side of the hose buddy. You need to fine tune enough to roll over but not enough to get under your chin, or you could just start with 2 wraps around your neck and be all set.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, decrease the amount of hose on your side of the hose buddy. That should do it.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
What's a hose buddy?
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 10:39 AM)Clementine Wrote: I do have the hose buddy; originally had it to my side but the last few nights it's been up by my headboard.

Does your mask allow you to route the hose upward towards your forehead where you can attach it to the head gear strap that crosses the top of your head? That's the only thing that works for me.

(08-21-2014, 12:24 AM)Galactus Wrote: What's a hose buddy?

Mine is a velcro loop that my hose passes through. It's attached to the top of my headboard. There are more elaborate versions with swivel arms. They are designed to keep the hose out of your way.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the help. I shortened it up last night and it did seem to help somewhat. I need to get it up over my head, I think. If the tube is falling down on my chest, it pulls the mask down a bit, which is not comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2014, 08:48 AM)Clementine Wrote: Thank you for the help. I shortened it up last night and it did seem to help somewhat. I need to get it up over my head, I think. If the tube is falling down on my chest, it pulls the mask down a bit, which is not comfortable.
Hi Clementine, The PAP hose has always been a problem for me too. One day I decided to do something about it. I fastened one end of a strip of leather 200 x 20mm (8" x 3/4") to the wall above my head using a button head screw. On the other end I cut a keyhole slot to fit over the button head screw forming a loop. Through this loop I passed the PAP hose. It works really well & allows me to sleep on either side, or on my back. Here is a picture of my setup.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
Whoa, you are very clever, woozie! Thanks for the info.
Post Reply Post Reply
The hose buddy is an awesome thing! The good sturdy one is about $50 but worth it.
Looks a lot like an IV hanger and I have been using one since I got tangled up the first time!

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I stole this idea (probably from a post on this forum, or another one), but a 3M cord bundler works pretty well to hold the hose also.

I am apparently one post away from posting links. Just search 3M Cord Bundler on Google. What I use is the first link. I keep the second one in the travel bag, in case there isn't a workable fix in the hotel room.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 106 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 222 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.