Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tubing - how often do you replace yours?
Tubing - how often do you replace yours?
Just curious. I've been using the same tubing I started with for the last few months. It's Resmed ClimateLine. I was cleaning it today and I noticed there is definitely a small leak where the mask's hose goes. I don't know that it's enough to really impact anything but I'm going to swap it out anyway since I have a spare.

For those of you who've been at it for awhile, how long do you find the tubing lasts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tubing - how often do you replace yours?
I use plain simple tubing, nothing fancy. I swapped mine out simply because the old one was very old (like 5+ years old)...it wasn't leaking or anything - just looked really old...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi eviltim,
I use the heated hose and I have been using the same one for the last two years, "I clean it regularly.)
My hose doesn't have any leaks in it and if I were to notice leaks, I would change it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The climateLine is a different animal than many of us use. I use the standard 22mm by 2 meter hose. I'll keep a spare on hand; and use mine perhaps a year. I do clean in with vinegar and water.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The first ClimateLine I had was a sturdy beast. The ones I've gotten since then are wimpy. Nearly all of them get holes before the cold season is over.

I don't like keeping hoses for long. I get new ones as often as my DME sends them to me. When I get a new one, I wash the old one very well then soak in vinegar for a bit, air dry, and hang it looped over a hanger. I toss the one prior to that. Not always, but usually. Depends on the condition of the other.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use a plain 10-footer and try to (remember to) replace it every year; i definitely replace it when it springs a leak.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a climate line and I change it every 3 months. I had one that didn't spring a leak but something happened to it b/c my mask hose kept coming out of it so I tossed that one. I have about 4 that I changed out and were not leaking so I decided to keep them for spares. I am now thinking about tossing 3 of them just b/c they are in the way
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's what I do to preserve the silicon end that the mask gose into. When I clean my parts on Sundays, I take a dishrag, )ones that I have designated for CPAP usage only,) and I gently scrubthe inside of the end where the mask gose and it keeps it tacky. It works for me, every time it's tried.
Edit: I don't do that with the end that gose into the machine, because it twists into place and doesn't need to be scrubed, end edit.
Edit 2: Another thought, if you use standard tubing, I would recommend gently scrubbing both ends because the end that gose into the machine doesn't twist into place. end edit 2.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I used my last ClimateLine for about 15 months. It never developed any leaks, but the coupling that slips onto the mask elbow wore down to the point that I was sometimes accidentally pulling it loose.

I still carry that one as a spare.

I've been trying to be more gentle with the current one.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2014, 09:41 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: I used my last ClimateLine for about 15 months. It never developed any leaks, but the coupling that slips onto the mask elbow wore down to the point that I was sometimes accidentally pulling it loose.

I still carry that one as a spare.

I've been trying to be more gentle with the current one.

You might be right about that one. I disconnected it to go to the bathroom this morning and I noticed I was pulling pretty hard on the tubing instead of the actual seal. I'll try to be better with this one and hopefully it'll last a long time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 83 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 245 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 756 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.