Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tubing - how often do you replace yours?
RE: Tubing - how often do you replace yours?
I change my 10 foot common hose about every 6 months. That means I have a couple of unopened spares as I get a new hose every three months from my DME.

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you all realize what a killing we could make selling our spare hoses to others???

/snicker
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2014, 04:28 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Do you all realize what a killing we could make selling our spare hoses to others???

/snicker

But the smart ones would figure out how much they really cost. Bought my first 10 footer for less than $20 delivered. DME charged my insurer $53.33 for the hose (same price for 6 or 10 footers). Go figure.

Post Reply Post Reply
I bought my current hose around 2 years ago. I've just been thinking about buying a new one. The problem I'm having is that I really like the 15mm hose rather than the 22mm and I can't remember where the heck I bought it. I'm pretty sure it was from the Supplier list, but I need to figure it out I guess! To answer your question, if it is working, why fix it? I have spare 22mm hoses in the closet, never been opened (and another one on the way) so if I do get a leak, I'm covered, I just have to change the setting from 15 back to 22!
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
The only reason I recently changed my hose was I just got over a case of the creeping crud (draining sinuses, blocked ears, unproductive cough) and wanted to make sure I was starting fresh. Normally do it every 6 to 9 months. I had just gotten by replacement parts the day I went to the doc for the crud so I held off. Hose gets cleaned on a regular basis. Only concern I have is breaking the end off the swivel on the humidifier.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wouldn't you know it, only 2 weeks after I post this and change out my tubing, the new one has a hole and very audible leaks! And I was being so gentle with it, too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2014, 02:43 PM)eviltim Wrote: Wouldn't you know it, only 2 weeks after I post this and change out my tubing, the new one has a hole and very audible leaks! And I was being so gentle with it, too.

Wonder if you can return it for a replacement since it didn't last?

Reading the thread and saw that people had 10-foot hoses, I need to get myself one of those! I have the slim 6-footer (not climate-line), and I could use the extra 4-feet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some suggestions for better hosing.

1) Learn the proper way to disconnect the hose. You don't pull. You don't twist. You sort of bend the junction between the connector and the hose. It's sort of like you're folding it into an pipe elbow shape. You can do it very easily with one hand, and put little stress on the hose.

2) If you use standard unheated hoses, they're cheap on eBay. For my last purchase, I got 4 genuine Respironics hoses delivered for $20.

3) Get more than one hose and alternate it. Each week, I clean one, then set it aside dry for a whole week while I use the one I cleaned last week. I also use an old CPAP machine to dry the hose after I clean it.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
And if you get a new hose, and find it works for you, let your DME know so that they can update your parts list. (This only works if your insurance covers the parts). Looking at the shipping list with cost from my DME, the 6 foot and the 10 foot hose cost the same. I did find that the longer hose created some minor issues when it was not in use, but I fixed that by rerouting my hose up and over.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was trying to be gentle with actually Sad My first hose survived 6 months of me yanking it out multiple times per night, and this one died within two weeks of me carefully taking it off. Back to ol' reliable for me.

I see there's a ClimateLine and a ClimateLine MAX, is there a tangible difference?

(03-20-2014, 06:51 PM)c0reDump Wrote:
(03-20-2014, 02:43 PM)eviltim Wrote: Wouldn't you know it, only 2 weeks after I post this and change out my tubing, the new one has a hole and very audible leaks! And I was being so gentle with it, too.

Wonder if you can return it for a replacement since it didn't last?

Reading the thread and saw that people had 10-foot hoses, I need to get myself one of those! I have the slim 6-footer (not climate-line), and I could use the extra 4-feet.

Unfortunately, I ordered it a long time ago, so I think I'm SOL. Sad

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 90 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 610 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 246 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 760 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.