Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tubing - how often do you replace yours?
RE: Tubing - how often do you replace yours?
EvilTim,

I have used CPAP since surgery in 2000.
It is the greatest luxury of my life.
I keep two hoses active and swap them every week. They are the smooth-bore from [link removed]
Each day I use a SoClean2.
I have had hoses leak and stretch.
At the least sign of wear or breakdown, I replace 'em.
A hole anywhere along the system seems interfere with my luxury.

Have a Great Rest of the Night
Ret-Doc

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I just passed my 1 year anniversary and replaced mine. Really, it was just because the sales person talked me into it. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I use my hose now for 7 years. When the rubber ends got wider, I put a tie-wrap around it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2014, 04:24 AM)Dutch Wrote: I use my hose now for 7 years. When the rubber ends got wider, I put a tie-wrap around it.

I replaced mine finally last year, and I've regretted it ever since. The old hose was much nicer, heavier, but the coils never got 'stuck' either. Oh well...

I don't suppose anyone has any of the really old hose that's unused?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 2 179 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 132 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 646 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 260 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 390 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 824 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 619 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.