Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tubing wrap
Tubing wrap
Hi folks, appreciate your advice - I use an AirSense 11 with the heated tubing. The hose tends to knock against the side of my bedside drawer when I turn or toss during my sleep creating some noise which disturb my wife. I thought of using a Resmed tubing wrap to muffle the noise. In winter I set the tube temperature to 23 with humidity at 5. When I use the tubing wrap, should I adjust the settings? And is it safe to use a wrap on the heated tubing i.e. will it overheat? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tubing wrap
It's perfectly safe to use a tubing wrap on your heated hose. It also helps with any condensation in the hose and does muffle noise. There is no need to adjust settings.

Many of us also use hose hangers to keep the hose above us.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have purchased two cotton flannel hose wraps on Etsy. Not only are they very well made but cute as well. Now, the hose no longer bangs against the nightstand or wood on the headboard. As an added bonus, it is a good remedy for rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a big fan of a hose holder / hanger and a hose cover. I have both, and they greatly improved my CPAP experience.

Not sure if my hose cover is cute though. It's all black and made of some kind of soft velour or something.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Snuggle Skin fleece cover. It fits tubes 6'-8' long and leaves no plastic exposed, even with the extra tubing from the P10 mask. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BUOINM/ My wife uses it too. I suspend the tube from the headboard using a lanyard.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear folks,

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts & experience. Much appreciated.
Stay safe.

Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a hose holder and use an 8 ft standard hose. I also use minimal humidity as I have found I sleep better with it being dry. I have a hose cover on the hose not to prevent rainout, but to prevent little claws and teeth from getting to the hose. I have one cat that loves to chew on stuff.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 612 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 359 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 761 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 627 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 547 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,081 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.