Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Turn my pressure back up?
Turn my pressure back up?
After a few months I think I have my pressure dialed I. It is low with a max of 8.4. I keep it low because it was waking me in the night above that. My AHI has creeped up but is constantly still below 2.0. I Feel great but am concerned that my AHI is climbing.

Should I try to increase my pressure again? I think I read that anything below an AHI of 5.0 is good. Does that sound right?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Turn my pressure back up?
If you feel great, then I would leave it be.

An AHI of <5 is considered treated, but what's more important is the makeup of your AHI.

Look at your SleepyHead graphs to determine what is going on. If your pressure is staying around your maximum setting of 8.4, then an adjustment may be in order
depending on the type of Apnea events.

What is your 90 or 95% pressure reading? You may need to change the minimum pressure to 2cm below that number.

Again, you said you feel great, but if your AHI is creeping upwards, then you need to know why.

Can you post a screenshot so we can better advise?
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my data and my daily from the last 2 days.
a few more days this week
Post Reply Post Reply
From you statistics page, I don't see where the AHI is going up.

Also, on the daily page, if you leave the pie chart off when you post, then we could see the actual stats above that.

You could raise the minimum pressure to 6cm with a max of 9cm, but watch that CA's don't increase.

Just know that our numbers change nightly. There are many reasons your AHI will go up or down.
Bottom line: your numbers look good, but how you feel is important.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure in a CPAP is normally used to mitigate obstructive events. You don't have any. There are no snores, and while your charts do not include flow limitation, it doesn't appear they are a prominent feature in your data. Your 30 day AHI is only 1.17 and for the last week that went up a bit, but is predominately H and CA. There are some patterns to the timing of events and pressure increases. Also, your events occur mostly during periods of higher pressure. Unless this higher pressure coincides with periods of flow limitation (we don't know), then the events are not obstructive, and higher pressure is not warranted.

An AHI of 1.5 or less, which is what we generally see here is not a cause for concern. The fact you are resting well and doing well with your sleep should be primary in your considerations. Again, this argues against pressure increase. There are a whole lot of people on the forum that would gladly trade for these results.

On a side-note, have you had the nasal surgery yet?

Just a note on graphs. You can turn off the pie chart in the menu at file/Preferences/Appearance, and perhaps show flow limitation by resizing some of the other chart lines.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I am getting nit-picky. I'll leave it set low for now. I did get the surgery and it was a complete success. I am not sure if I have finally figured out how to sleep with CPAP or my sinuses are finally not full, but I feel incredible. I didnt realize how breathing through your nose can change everything.

For those curious, I suffered from chronic sinus infections and dull headaches for years. I had zero energy and felt terrible in the morning. I honestly think it my trashed sinuses directly related to my apnea (have not had another sleep study done yet to confirm). I had a balloon sinuplasty with turbinate reduction done. Recovery was about a week. Once everything healed airflow was 75% better and have not had a headache since. Anyone have any questions pm me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,988 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 527 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 936 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 403 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 295 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 544 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.